Thread: Trump demands that Georgia Secretary of State change votes so he wins.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Default Re: Trump demands that Georgia Secretary of State change votes so he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    There are plenty of Republicans that are anti-Trump. Not all are as obvious as Romney is or McCain was. Raffensberger would have been all over an investigation if he were a ‘Trumpist’, or an opportunist like Lindsay Graham...
    This isn't a meaningful statement. Your reasoning posits only this: one is a "Trumpist" or one is "hostile."

I asked you why you used the word "hostile." Like, if I object to my employer cutting my wages, and he calls my position "hostile." The term seems neither fair nor credible. dneal, you have your own forms of slander built into your language, your own forms of biased, limited reasoning that reveal themselves in these sentences. Here, you try to limit the possible motivations for Raffensberger's refusal to agree and/or consent to only two, but that is a fallacy of logic (false dilemma) used mainly to manipulate and obfuscate (to hide other possible motivations for non-compliance that do not serve your purpose).

Again, it is not "hostile" to defend the accuracy and certitude and procedures of the Georgia vote, particularly in light of the extremely high likelihood of another Biden win if another recount were done (after three have already been completed). It's being professional and showing integrity. "Hostile" is a biased and demeaning word for this situation. It is not "hostile," even, to tell the POTUS to bugger-off from legal business that is not his to command, rule, influence, or otherwise leverage. Raffensberger's words are incredibly measured and non-hostile for the position that this POTUS snakoid was putting him in. He simply stood his ground. When a jackass bully is trying to lean on a target, it is not "hostile" to resist. It is brave and principled, especially when done in level-headed language.

Despite your statements to the contrary, you seem a Trumper to me. I respect my family members and neighbors who voted for Trump. But this post-election wrangle is a morally craven grab for power and disrespect of the will of a clear majority. Trump has lost two national popular votes in a row; the only difference is that this time around it was by a wider margin. He needs to pack his bags and get the hell out of the WH. And desist from this cynical, craven attack on certain states and the votes of their citizens.
    Last edited by TSherbs; January 4th, 2021 at 01:53 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

cj2020 (January 7th, 2021)