Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: With the Washington Post's history of lying, why do people still read it?

Thanks

Default Re: With the Washington Post's history of lying, why do people still read it?

How do we spot your sarcasm Mr. Neal? The only clue I can see is your screeds on this forum. Is it ll sarcasm? When I refer to Mr. Trump as the leader of the Turd Reich, am I being sarcastic?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default Re: With the Washington Post's history of lying, why do people still read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    How do we spot your sarcasm Mr. Neal?
    Good question. There's a requisite amount of wit and intelligence certainly, a modicum of a sense of humor, and the ability to separate emotion from politics helps as well.

"Turd Reich" is more of a pun, so it does seem you aren't particularly adept at sarcasm.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

"Not particularly adept at sarcasm?" This is the problem with everything you write., Mr. Neal. You make assumptions that you find convenient for your willful ignorance. I asked you if I was being sarcastic or not? If I am not trying to be sarcastic, how can I be not very adept? I wasn't being sarcastic, or punny, just using descriptive language in a creative way. Sorry to confuse you.

Thanks

Have you even responded to one of my posts where you weren't trying to pick a fight? You come across like a dick to me. I've responded in kind.

Thanks

Mr. Neal, all of your posts have been picking a fight, I have been the one who answers in kind. Now that you have exhausted youf vocabulary and are resorting to name calling, there is no point in continuing. Your last post was a complete self-own.

Thanks

How many times are you going to "not continue"? Talk about self-own...

Thanks

I'd quite while you're ahead. He's got you discribed accurately.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Have you even responded to one of my posts where you weren't trying to pick a fight? You come across like a dick to me. I've responded in kind.
    Sphere got it right ... Why are you callin' him a dxxk ... Alfonse D'Amato would call You A PutzHead ... Not in the Yiddish way ... But..in the New York way.....

Get the drift............................................. .....................dneal........................ .

Be a person of integrity Each of us should be an example for others around us...............
    When a person consistently does the right thing ... it has a powerful effect on influencing the
    behavior of others...................Treat everyone with dignity and respect.....Et Al.........................

Don't make a fuss ... just get on the bus...............................{ HappySmileyFaceTimeThingie }

Fred
    Xray Oscar

Thanks

*sigh*

You guys still don't get that I don't care about your invective. You snowflakes get mad and pile on like bitchy little teenage girls - usually because you can't win a logical argument. Ironically (well actually not because most of you are hypocrites), you start whining as soon as you're treated the way you treat others. There's some serious self reflection in order. Look at your glass houses and you're going to see a lot of broken windows.

Chuck - I haven't quite figured you out. You're sweet as honey one minute, obnoxious the next, appear to enjoy instigating and involving yourself in things that don't concern you (probably part of your hall-monitor aspect), and occasionally post strange ramblings that have nothing to do with the thread you post them in.

But Fred, gimme a fucking break. You've been a dick in every post, starting with your initial response to corniche. Your glass house has crumbled and you've been out of rocks for some time now.

*hugs and kisses*

Thanks

*sigh*

You guys still don't get that I don't care about your invective. You snowflakes get mad and pile on like bitchy little teenage girls - usually because you can't win a logical argument. Ironically (well actually not because most of you are hypocrites), you start whining as soon as you're treated the way you treat others. There's some serious self reflection in order. Look at your glass houses and you're going to see a lot of broken windows.

Chuck - I haven't quite figured you out.

But Fred, gimme a fucking break. You've been a dick in every post, Your glass house has crumbled and you've been out of rocks for some time now.

*hugs and kisses*
    We find your inability to not let anything go without replying ... absolutely fascinating. You're still projecting.

Still your friend and mine.

Adios muchachos ..

Fred

Thanks

*sigh*

Chuck - I haven't quite figured you out. You're sweet as honey one minute, obnoxious the next, appear to enjoy instigating and involving yourself in things that don't concern you (probably part of your hall-monitor aspect), and occasionally post strange ramblings that have nothing to do with the thread you post them in.

But Fred, gimme a fucking break. You've been a dick in every post, starting with your initial response to corniche. Your glass house has crumbled and you've been out of rocks for some time now.

*hugs and kisses*
    It's all perspective friend. For example, I can only assume your experience with teenage females comes from a small sample. Have you as little experience with teenage males?

I had a new Scotman sort of comment on my posts the same as you. Well, my "ramblings" come from a significant amount of attention to the former occupant since 2015. When I find someone who only listens to Fox News, I cannot help but want to respond.

Also, I find some of your posts a type of attempt to bully. I never was tolerant of a bully. Like Mike Tyson said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the nose". Just consider me someone who likes to punch people like you in the nose. As a Democrat President once said, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" and another Truman quote, "people say I give them hell. I don't get them hell, I tell them the truth and they think it's hell".

Now respond with a "whatabout this, dneal.

Or surprise me and respond to my response regarding teenagers if you still think the same about teenage girls. Or, respond by calling me a name as the song lyric said, "just give me something I used to".

Thanks

Chuck - your problem (along with many others) is that you ascribe motive to my posts. There is motive, but it's much more complex than "hur-dur... Trump".

Isn't it curious that some threads I participate in are thoughtful and civil, and some devolve? Perhaps you might find the correlating factor. It's clearly not me, since I'm present in both types of conversations. Again, feel free to show me the post where I initiate the shit-posting.

You and other frankly emotionally unstable posters (or perhaps you just let your emotions overwhelm your reason), show up and start "shrieking" about whatever has triggered you. I play along for a while. I troll and instigate occasionally, and lately I've been simply posting the same hyperbolic rhetoric (although on the opposite side of the political spectrum). I have given up on civil conversation with many of you quite some time ago. You're basically a psychological experiment to me. I pull strings and see how you guys react.

You don't get sarcasm, most clearly evidenced here. You apparently don't get metaphors or analogies either, or you would understand the "teenage girl" reference. It's a meme. A trope. It's simple, yet beyond your ability to comprehend for some reason. No go ahead and start (hypocritically) bemoaning that I'm being insulting to you. Here's a tip - insults are only effective if you let them be. You know, "stick and stones".

The hypocrisy of your "bully" comment and "punch people in the nose" bit is hilarious. It's easy to be a tough guy on the interwebz. If you believe you have figuratively "punched me in the nose", you hit like a girl. You simply prove my point in your "empathy" thread. You're all about peace and love when people agree with you. Otherwise, you're a "nose-puncher". There seems to be a "punch a Nazi" parallel... Interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    We find your inability to not let anything go without replying ... absolutely fascinating. You're still projecting.

Adios muchachos ..

Fred
    Fred, why are you whispering? It's a long way from the rear echelon: speak up!!
    Who you gonna tap now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post

Adios muchachos ..

Fred
    Fred, why are you whispering? It's a long way from the rear echelon: speak up!!
    Who you gonna tap now?
    Same applies to youse ... { }..go blow your Kazoo.

Adios Mike Foxtrot ..

Fred
    Chow time.................

Thanks

Chuck - your problem (along with many others) is that you ascribe motive to my posts. There is motive, but it's much more complex than "hur-dur... Trump".

Isn't it curious that some threads I participate in are thoughtful and civil, and some devolve? Perhaps you might find the correlating factor. It's clearly not me, since I'm present in both types of conversations. Again, feel free to show me the post where I initiate the shit-posting.

You and other frankly emotionally unstable posters (or perhaps you just let your emotions overwhelm your reason), show up and start "shrieking" about whatever has triggered you. I play along for a while. I troll and instigate occasionally, and lately I've been simply posting the same hyperbolic rhetoric (although on the opposite side of the political spectrum). I have given up on civil conversation with many of you quite some time ago. You're basically a psychological experiment to me. I pull strings and see how you guys react.

You don't get sarcasm, most clearly evidenced here. You apparently don't get metaphors or analogies either, or you would understand the "teenage girl" reference. It's a meme. A trope. It's simple, yet beyond your ability to comprehend for some reason. No go ahead and start (hypocritically) bemoaning that I'm being insulting to you. Here's a tip - insults are only effective if you let them be. You know, "stick and stones".

The hypocrisy of your "bully" comment and "punch people in the nose" bit is hilarious. It's easy to be a tough guy on the interwebz. If you believe you have figuratively "punched me in the nose", you hit like a girl. You simply prove my point in your "empathy" thread. You're all about peace and love when people agree with you. Otherwise, you're a "nose-puncher". There seems to be a "punch a Nazi" parallel... Interesting.
    I have no idea what motivates you. I only take you for what you write and the context. Perhaps you are not aware of yourself or how your writings are received.

Yes, I knew before hand that you would respond as you have, but that does not mean I understand your motivation. I do think you are cynical and negative, but that it different from motive.

I have a new quote for the general public here, "“When fascism comes to America, it will come cloaked in American flags and bearing crosses.” Sinclair Lewis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post

I have a new quote for the general public here, "“When fascism comes to America, it will come cloaked in American flags and bearing crosses.” Sinclair Lewis
    Probably so. Orwell's 1984 provides a look at how a totalitarian state, perhaps fascist or perhaps Stalinist, but totalitarian nonetheless might look in a more familiar setting. Yet it remains that even if fascism could be wrapped in American trappings, totalitarianism of any sort can also come cloaked under the banners of "solutions for climate change", "sensible gun control laws", and "combatting systemic inequality". Embedded in these slogans are the seeds of unlimited government, every bit as much as it might under the guise of "Make America Great Again".

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ray-VIgo For This Useful Post:

dneal (January 28th, 2021), Pendragon (January 31st, 2021)

Thanks

If you don't read the newspaper you're uninformed. If you do, you're misinformed. So sayeth Mark Twain.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

Back to the original subject: Given WAPO's history of lying, manipulating accounts of events, passing off opinion and even propaganda as news, etc. etc., I would have to say that the likeliest reason people still read it is because they're stupid. That's also the most charitable explanation. (The other is that they have their heads stuck up their anal apertures, and find that the WAPO validates their views.) (Which are of fecal matter.)

NB: I only log in every few weeks or so, so I won't be responding to the flamethrowers whose delicate feelings have been bruised by my post. Sorry guys, I know it's more fun when I'm there for you to flame, but you'll just have to deal with it. I don't have time to waste on brain-dead zombies.
    Last edited by calamus; February 1st, 2021 at 10:35 PM.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

My advice is to find a source you can trust.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    My advice is to find a source you can trust.
    Needle/haystack
    https://greenwald.substack.com/p/how...tlets-so-often