Thread: Esterbrook Re-New Point Chart

Thanks

Default Esterbrook Re-New Point Chart

Have not seen this one before.............?

The secret of getting ahead is getting started-- Mark Twain

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wingwiper For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (January 4th, 2021), catbert (January 4th, 2021), Chrissy (January 5th, 2021), FredRydr (January 4th, 2021), pajaro (January 6th, 2021), penwash (January 4th, 2021), Robert (January 4th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (January 4th, 2021), Yazeh (January 5th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Default Re: Esterbrook Re-New Point Chart

I think it's interesting that some of them looks like they came out of the same tool that made their dip nibs
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    I think it's interesting that some of them looks like they came out of the same tool that made their dip nibs
    Indeed - I have a couple of the 2442 that give that impression, as if a dip nib was just jammed in. I'll have to take a closer look one day.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 10,362 Times in 3,977 Posts

I've not seen this before either. It's good to have a record of what numbers match what nibs.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

This is a useful list too.
    Re-New-Points

Thanks

The 2048 does, in fact, resemble the dip pen, but the 9048 does not. Interestingly, I don't believe there is a 9442 nib, only the 2442. The 2314 comes in -F, -M, & -B, as does the 9314 series. The 9128 is a semi-flexible EF to F nib, but I discovered that the one with 9128 along the axis of the pen is significantly more flexible than the one with 9128 across the width of the nib. From the looks of the feeds on my two nibs, I believe the former is a later model of both feed and nib--the feed has a hole like that on a Sheaffer Touchdown; or like a Snorkel without the tube.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corgicoupe View Post
    The 2048 does, in fact, resemble the dip pen, but the 9048 does not. Interestingly, I don't believe there is a 9442 nib, only the 2442. The 2314 comes in -F, -M, & -B, as does the 9314 series. The 9128 is a semi-flexible EF to F nib, but I discovered that the one with 9128 along the axis of the pen is significantly more flexible than the one with 9128 across the width of the nib. From the looks of the feeds on my two nibs, I believe the former is a later model of both feed and nib--the feed has a hole like that on a Sheaffer Touchdown; or like a Snorkel without the tube.
    It must be today's National Capitol insurrection by Trumpistas, el Senor Presidente, that discombobulated me but I was a bit mixed up by the order of presentation of the 9128 types until I settled down a bit and went and looked at mine and thought about it. I haven't done much with these pens lately, apparently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pajaro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corgicoupe View Post
    It must be today's National Capitol insurrection by Trumpistas, el Senor Presidente, that discombobulated me but I was a bit mixed up by the order of presentation of the 9128 types until I settled down a bit and went and looked at mine and thought about it. I haven't done much with these pens lately, apparently.
    I would be interested in what you discover, Paul. I have a test sample of only two nibs. I bought a pen with the 9128 nib and the seller sent me the second one gratis because he didn't like the way they wrote [for him].