Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 313 Times in 165 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Woohoo! After months of waiting...it has arrived.
    Sadly, I don't have a competent pen for it currently...but it's a beautiful Purple/Blue/Pink!
    I thought it was a dry ink at first, but it is not...the pen I used at first just sucks.
    The dip-pen effort was a failure as well.
    After switching to a working pen, I was able to use the ink properly...though I could not get any shimmer from the Jinhao-x750.


    Overall, the ink is great! The pens I tested with are trash...minus the Jinhao-x750.
    Though I included the messed up first page, the second test page is valid with some actual review metrics.
    Please excuse the (bleep) pics...my phone is ancient and sucks.
    The scans of the actual ink-on-paper are better though.
    Once I have a better pen to test with...or clear out my Penbbs-355 main pen, I'll post new pics of writing with the ink.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Detman101; January 5th, 2021 at 11:37 AM. Reason: ineptitude on my part...

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    aurore (January 6th, 2021), damfino (January 26th, 2021), Yazeh (January 5th, 2021)

  3. #2
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,368
    Thanks
    3,670
    Thanked 6,487 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    please ignore the first page.
    Though I included the messed up first page, the second test page is valid with some actual review metrics.
    If you want everyone to ignore the first page then go to Edit Post and delete it from your post then it's no longer there to worry about.

    Which shop in Hong Kong is it from?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  4. #3
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,368
    Thanks
    1,109
    Thanked 388 Times in 225 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Nice one Detman. If you use a fude nib, then it'll show of the shimmer... Obviously a nice shaking will help before hand to have shimmer all over the place

    P.S. I could share the whole unboxing, testing, first impressions etc... thanks

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (January 5th, 2021)

  6. #4
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 313 Times in 165 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Nice one Detman. If you use a fude nib, then it'll show of the shimmer... Obviously a nice shaking will help before hand to have shimmer all over the place

    P.S. I could share the whole unboxing, testing, first impressions etc... thanks
    Thank you. I'm not good at reviews, but I wanted to put this one out there.
    I got lots of shimmer in the drops of ink on the page and on the napkin, but I couldn't get any on the page.
    I am going to have to clean out my 355 and load it with the ink to get the shimmer to show with a nice flex.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (January 5th, 2021)

  8. #5
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 313 Times in 165 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    please ignore the first page.
    Though I included the messed up first page, the second test page is valid with some actual review metrics.
    If you want everyone to ignore the first page then go to Edit Post and delete it from your post then it's no longer there to worry about.

    Which shop in Hong Kong is it from?
    I have a friend in Hong Kong, she keeps an eye out for exclusive inks for me. She could only get two bottles of this ink as it's not publically available and benevolently sold me one.
    Literal, "hook-up".
    Kewl that this spirit still exists.
    I remember when I was a sponsored skater, we would sell our lightly "Used/Tested" industry gear to up and coming skaters to become proficient with.
    It kept the movement moving forward.
    Last edited by Detman101; January 5th, 2021 at 11:46 AM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (January 5th, 2021)

  10. #6
    Senior Member RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 149 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    please ignore the first page.
    Though I included the messed up first page, the second test page is valid with some actual review metrics.
    If you want everyone to ignore the first page then go to Edit Post and delete it from your post then it's no longer there to worry about.

    Which shop in Hong Kong is it from?
    I have a friend in Hong Kong, she keeps an eye out for exclusive inks for me. She could only get two bottles of this ink as it's not publically available and benevolently sold me one.
    Literal, "hook-up".
    Kewl that this spirit still exists.
    I remember when I was a sponsored skater, we would sell our lightly "Used/Tested" industry gear to up and coming skaters to become proficient with.
    It kept the movement moving forward.
    A Kong Girl is not a flattering term for an ink as it relates to a girl in Hong Kong who insists on big ticket items and prestige brands, usually demanding that these are bought by boyfriends.

    Lion Rock is a mountain in the New Territories.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to RobJohnson For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (January 9th, 2021)

  12. #7
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 313 Times in 165 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    please ignore the first page.
    Though I included the messed up first page, the second test page is valid with some actual review metrics.
    If you want everyone to ignore the first page then go to Edit Post and delete it from your post then it's no longer there to worry about.

    Which shop in Hong Kong is it from?
    I have a friend in Hong Kong, she keeps an eye out for exclusive inks for me. She could only get two bottles of this ink as it's not publically available and benevolently sold me one.
    Literal, "hook-up".
    Kewl that this spirit still exists.
    I remember when I was a sponsored skater, we would sell our lightly "Used/Tested" industry gear to up and coming skaters to become proficient with.
    It kept the movement moving forward.
    A Kong Girl is not a flattering term for an ink as it relates to a girl in Hong Kong who insists on big ticket items and prestige brands, usually demanding that these are bought by boyfriends.

    Lion Rock is a mountain in the New Territories.
    Interesting...will suggest the maker rename it to "Melania"...lol

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (January 5th, 2021)

  14. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    806
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 567 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post

    A Kong Girl is not a flattering term for an ink as it relates to a girl in Hong Kong who insists on big ticket items and prestige brands, usually demanding that these are bought by boyfriends....
    I wondered what that meant. Nor do I like the color.

  15. #9
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 88 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    I have to admit I covet this ink. But not the name. Hopefully this will be one of the odd Diamine territory 'exclusives' that they subsequently release in a more mainstream way with a new name.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (February 2nd, 2021)

  17. #10
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,368
    Thanks
    3,670
    Thanked 6,487 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I have to admit I covet this ink. But not the name. Hopefully this will be one of the odd Diamine territory 'exclusives' that they subsequently release in a more mainstream way with a new name.
    It doesn't look dissimilar to Bilberry. Maybe a bit more purple.

    Looking at this again it looks like a purple ink with silver shimmer.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 6th, 2021 at 12:29 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (February 2nd, 2021)

  19. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 126 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Superb review and a lovely B.L. package. A weird name and the ink itself looks a bit average.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to aurore For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (January 5th, 2021)

  21. #12
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 313 Times in 165 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by aurore View Post
    Superb review and a lovely B.L. package. A weird name and the ink itself looks a bit average.
    I'm liking the purple that shades to sky blue in the light areas. The wife says it's hers after seeing it...so it's been repossessed already lol.
    I wish I had a better camera.
    You can see the shimmer very well with the right angle.
    I will try to capture a better photo of it in the light...the scanner does not show the shimmer at all.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    aurore (January 6th, 2021), Yazeh (January 5th, 2021)

  23. #13
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 313 Times in 165 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    See...in the section that says "I'll admit..."
    You can see the sky-blue shimmer.


    Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    aurore (January 6th, 2021), Yazeh (January 5th, 2021)

  25. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 126 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ink Review - Diamine - "KONG GIRLS" (Hong Kong Exclusive)

    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    See...in the section that says "I'll admit..."
    You can see the sky-blue shimmer.

    Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
    This indeed looks lovely! I am sure your wife will love it. Good health to the both of you!

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to aurore For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (January 6th, 2021)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •