Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photography - it's a start

Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 964 Posts

Default Re: Photography - it's a start

Nice images! I am particularly drawn to the one at South shore, Hokianga Harbour. Something of it speaks to me.

Thanks

The upper harbour is quite tidal, with gleaming mudflats at the low. The round concretions are similar to the famous ones at Moeraki on South Island.

Here's one from Te Reinga, looking at the meeting of the South Pacific and the Tasman Sea.

A white-faced heron in the Ahuriri estuary, north of Napier.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Empty_of_Clouds (September 3rd, 2021), Yazeh (September 4th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 964 Posts

Biggest problem I have right now, apart from time, is finding a camera that has a viewfinder, is big enough to not feel like it's going to fall from my fingers, has at least as good functions/lens (if not better) than the one I have, AND be at a fair beginner's level price. Pretty tall order considering the overabundance of choice out there!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 665 Posts

Just seeing these. Nice pics. You're way better than I am at this! Although, truth be told, I have never owned a camera, really. My wife has owned some, but not me. I do take some pictures, but if it were not for my wife, there would be no photos in my house.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (September 19th, 2021)

Thanks

Awesome photos! I am a fan of a little older camera called a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 / FZ-330. While not the latest technology, itís got a 25-600mm Leica lens with f/2.8 throughout the entire range. This means that even in darker conditions, like in a forest, the photos come out amazing. The 12.8mp sensor Iíve found to be plenty for anything but poster sized prints. It is also weather and dust sealed, which makes me more comfortable with where I take the camera.

Photography and fountain pens Iíve found go hand in hand very nicely.

Just a note, Panasonic made the electronics for a lot of the earlier Leica digital cameras.

Hope this helps. The FZ-80 is also a nice camera, but canít withstand weather and dust. I also like the PowerShot G series, although the 10x zoom and 10mp sensor are a little long in the tooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Some time ago, I got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60, compact with a wide zoom range and Leica optics.

I pop it in my pocket for walks close to home and have also taken it to the west of Ireland, New Zealand, and Newfoundland and used it in the wet, snow, windstorms, and on whitewater and sailing trips. Besides occasional cleaning with a soft brush and lens cloth, it's needed zero maintenance.

I'd recommend it or an updated model without reservations.
    Last edited by Chip; September 30th, 2021 at 01:28 PM.