Thread: TWSBI Eco

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,438 Times in 2,522 Posts

Default TWSBI Eco

I plucked this used TWSBI Eco off the FPGeeks classified for twenty bucks, delivered. It came in its original box and slipcase, with plastic spanner/wrench, unopened little bottle of silicon oil and instruction sheet on disassembly with its cautions about nib reinstallation. I haven't taken the bait on that.

Okay, I filled it and it was uneventful. When the piston reached its zenith, I squeezed out 5 drops (pursuant to those ubiquitous Montblanc bottled ink instruction sheets) and wiped it off. No leaks. I wrote on several different types of stationary and postcards. The F nib is annoyingly scratchy on most paper, the exception being the smoothest postcard stock. The tines are aligned. I am wary of performing a mylar treatment on the naked steel tip, so I'll just give it time to wear until an anticipated early demise (like a vintage Esterbrook nib). The pen has a nice size and heft. For $20 (used), it can't be beat, but I will follow the cautions mentioned by RobJohnson. The main drawback that I found while writing a letter on G. Lalo stationary is, on setting my new-to-me vintage Sheaffer 3-25 aside to take up the TWSBI, the fun ends when taking up the TWSBI.

With its limitations and scratchiness, the TWSBI just isn't fun to use, a rather subjective description. But I own it now. It's filled with Montblanc Irish Green, the only green going on my pen rack, so the TWISB will be used...until empty. After that, when I have more fun pens to write with, who knows?

Last edited by FredRydr; January 6th, 2021 at 07:30 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 6th, 2021), CrayonAngelss (January 6th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (January 6th, 2021)