Thread: 2012-14 Limited Edition Onoto Magna Plunger Filler

Thanks

Default REDUCED 2012-14 Limited Edition Onoto Magna Plunger Filler

Dear all,

I have too many pens, and would like to pass along a 2014 Onoto Magna Plunger. This was a limited edition of 75, with a 2014 Certificate of Authenticity. Unlike the current Magna with plunger fillers, this pen uses the whole body as a reservoir, meaning both great capacity and a closer copy of the 1930-40 Magnas. The seals are silicone and the plunger rod is carbon fibre. I filled the pen once to experience it, wrote a few words, and then carefully cleaned it out again. This is the only use the pen has had. The action of the plunger is much smoother and easier than the vintage version-- it really is a joy to fill and use.

The nib on the pen is Broad. These nibs were tuned from the factory bu Oxonian. and it really is a terrific writer. Broad is too wide for me, but even I can appreciate how beautifully this one is set up. It really is a joy to use.

As you'll see from the writing sample, the complete pen is a bit heavier than a vintage Magna, and a little longer. However, once uncapped the vintage and modern pens are very similar in weight, and both feel great in the hand.

The furniture on the pen is gold-plated silver, and the broad cap band is hall-marked.

The pen comes with original box, cleaning cloth, a couple of paperwork items and the Certificate of Authenticity.

It has been a privilege to own this pen, even if it never had a chance to come into rotation. I hope a new owner will use it the way is was meant to be used.

I'm asking $725 plus shipping for this rare and beautiful pen, plus an agreed shipping amount (I will not ship this uninsured or undervalued).

Thanks for your interest. Questions are very welcome!

Best wishes,

Ralf

Last edited by ralfstc; February 13th, 2021 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: 2012-14 Limited Edition Onoto Magna Plunger Filler

Bumping this amazing rare pen!

Thanks

I'm surprised this pen is still available! It's just brilliant, but they breed, these fountain pens . . .

Thanks

No interest?