Thread: Twist action mechanical pencil internals -- do they fit in the ballpoint barrel?

Thanks

Default Twist action mechanical pencil internals -- do they fit in the ballpoint barrel?

Happy 2021!

Does anyone know, are the internals of the twist action mechanical pencil interchangeable with the
    ballpoint refill? I'm interested in the 600-size, which would be the K600 BP and D600 MP. Googling
    got me nowhere...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Default Re: Twist action mechanical pencil internals -- do they fit in the ballpoint barrel?

I would say that is very unlikely since I've never seen an interchangeable ballpoint/mechanical pencil refill. On the other hand I've never had a Pelikan ballpoint or mechanical pencil so will hope for someone who has to step up and confirm.
    I can confirm that it's definitely not true for a Montblanc ballpoint/mechanical pencil.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Default Re: Twist action mechanical pencil internals -- do they fit in the ballpoint barrel?

Schmidt DSM 2005/6/7/8 in 0.5 or 0.7 mm leads. But I cannot confirm if actually work in P K600. I can confirm that actually works with Parker Jotter XL, Schneider plastic one, Aurora Ipsilon.

https://www.schmidttechnology.com/en...en/c_1_1_1.htm

https://www.beaufortink.co.uk/pen-tu...d-insert-0-7mm

Thanks

Thank you, Chrissy and usk15. I've emailed Pelikan, maybe they can confirm.

Thanks

Just got an answer from Chartpak's customer service:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Are the internals of the D600 twist action mechanical pencil interchangeable with the K600 twist ballpoint refill? In other words, can I move the mechanical pencil module into the ballpoint body?

Thanks and happy 2021!
    Good Morning,

Yes the parts are interchangeable.
    Good news for me. Pelikan does not make a Red Tortoiseshell MP, but I can make one myself