Thread: How can Trump-believers be persuaded that he lost an honest election?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Re: How can Trump-believers be persuaded that he lost an honest election?

To use your sunglasses story, how many Iraqis did you let examine them? What level were these Iraqis? Did they represent all Iraqis with sunglasses paranoia? You see where this is going. Those sunglasses weren't offered for examination to every Iraqi who had doubts. The same applies to the Trumpers.

For the election process in the US as I understand it, from non-partisan global news sources, both parties have had ample opportunity to examine the process, and no evidence of widespread or even significant fraud has been found. What you are kind of suggesting is that every individual dissenting Trumper must have the opportunity to investigate the election themselves. That's never going to happen.

The solution here is not to allow the Trumpers to investigate election stuff, but for the responsible party members to do so. And that has already happened. The GOP and the President are the ones who should be reassuring their followers, but they are not doing so. Is it evidence that is preventing them from doing so? No, because as we have all seen, there is insufficient evidence of fraud.

What we are seeing from the POTUS and those in the GOP who are 'loyal' to him, is a willingness to sink to any depths to keep hold of power. Even to the detriment of the people of the US, if that's what it takes. It is nothing more than extremely unenlightened self-interest, and Trump is perhaps the worst such offender I've seen in years - and there's some stiff competition I can tell you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

corgicoupe (January 17th, 2021), welch (January 12th, 2021)