Thread: Visconti HS hook safe feeling

Thanks

Default Visconti HS hook safe feeling

Hello I received my pen yesterday new from an authorized dealer. While I love how it writes and how it looks I do not have a good feeling with the cap lock, I asume that either the quality control or the tolerance levels on Visconti machining on the “lava” material are wrong. Unfortunately in my country there is not a Visconti dealer and I never touched a HS before to have a kind of “benchmark”.
    Instead of having a snappy feel when I close the cap I feel a lot of friction.
    Not sure if it could go better with the use of the pen as the rough edges get smoother, I am also considering to paint with a brush the knobs in the cap and the grooves on the body with this kind of teflon product.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you!

Thanks

Default Re: Visconti HS hook safe feeling

I would be very wary of spraying *anything* on your Visconti. I seem to recall reading that the lava material is hygroscopic and hence prone to absorb liquids. I wouldn't chance it, even with a "dry-film" substance.

FWIW, I've owned an HS Bronze for about 8 years and have never had any problems with the cap closure mechanism. It does require a slight bit of pressure to close but operates smoothly.

Thanks

Leave it be it will wear in

Thanks

Thank you for your answers, anyway I did it ;-)
    I used a small detailing brush and applied that material to the grooves and the nubs, before that I cleaned a bit some areas that were specially rough with a toothpick.
    I feel it much better now.

While I was doing it I was thinking if leaving the finishing that rough is part of the design and character of the theme of the pen. For sure with some minutes of expert handcraft work (not much) this part of the pen could have been finished much smother.
    I have checked pictures on Visconti web and the finishing that I can see in Bronze Age pens corresponds to what I see in mine, they could have done additional work for the web pictures, but they didn’t. I checked too several photos of Steel Age and the finishing on those looks clearly better to me.