Thread: Can cracked Section Sleeve of Lamy 2000 fountain pens still be repaired?

Thanks

Default Can cracked Section Sleeve of Lamy 2000 fountain pens still be repaired?

An original (Makrolon version) Lamy 2000 fountain pens purchased some time ago from a reputable USA dealer has a crack in the Section Sleeve resulting in a ink leak. This happened quite a while ago since I did not know there was a possibility of repairing it. Recently I discovered in reading details provided in the German Lamy website that this is a relatively common problem with earlier versions of the pen and that the pen could be repaired if returned to a registered German dealer. Is something like that possible in the USA? My understanding is that the repair involves replacing all of front Section with a more robust stainless steel/Marolon combination. I am a resident of Missouri.
    Last edited by Dr Jim; January 17th, 2021 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Default Re: Can cracked Section Sleeve of Lamy 2000 fountain pens still be repaired?

I believe that Lamy will repair it if you can get it sent to them.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

Default Re: Can cracked Section Sleeve of Lamy 2000 fountain pens still be repaired?

Lamy Inc. is a subsidiary of C. Josef Lamy GmbH and is responsible for the US market. USA contact information: https://lamyshop.us/pages/contact

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

SlowMovingTarget (May 26th, 2021)

Thanks

I've known folks to send to Lamy near Heidelberg, Germany and get their pen repaired for free. Have advised that for years; in none on the other com had the address Fred had.
    Cross is the only other life time repair left. Pelikan went over to charging a couple years ago.

One I had 4 Lamies that gave me no trouble....gave two away to get someone hooked on fountain pens.....................I live some 27 1/2 minutes drive, with bad luck at the lights, from the factory, so nothing will ever go wrong with my Joy or Persona.
    Last edited by BoBo Olson; November 9th, 2021 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks

In the US, it's no longer a free of charge repair if the pen is out of warranty.

I was quite...disappointed...to find that out considering that I have one where this same damage has occurred twice now. I was quote a repair charge of $79.

Thanks

My Lamy 2K got the same problem and was repaired for free. I just sent the pen to the Heidelberg repair center (I live in Spain) and I received the pen fixed. When I sent the pen I didn't have any paper from the pen, no receipt, no invoice, nothing and the pen was seven or eight years old. I sent the pen to Lamy with a note telling them that I'll be happy to pay whatever they ask for the repair and I just received the pen fixed two weeks later, one of the most astounding customer support services I saw in my life.

The "fix" was moving the nib of my old pen to a completely new pen. The new unit has a new style section and the problem can't happen anymore.

Thanks

Do send it to Heidelberg and act dumb about any American rip off repair unit.
    I'd not heard of it until this thread.
    Don't expect quick service for free.........they will get around to it, eventually.