Thread: Ink Review: Robert Oster Signature Verde de Rio (River Green)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Ink Review: Robert Oster Signature Verde de Rio (River Green)

Robert Oster Signature Verde de Rio (River Green) ink is a slightly unusual shade of mid green to olive green ink that leans more yellow than blue. It’s a darker meadow green shade without being a bright green. Many inks in this colour range are darker and “muddier” than Verde de Rio.

Verde de Rio flowed well through my pens, without feeling dry, and lubrication felt nicely smooth when writing across the page. I saw some lovely shading but failed to spot any sheen.

I didn’t notice any skips or hard starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance. Nor did I see any spread or feathering on the papers I wrote on.

I like green inks in this colour range and this is well behaved. I would consider buying a bottle of this one. It’s now on my list.

Robert Oster inks come in 50ml plastic bottles that are quite tall making it easy to fill fountain pens from, but for me they are quite easy to tip over so I usually place mine in a wide, squat, glass pot when I open it. They have good identification labels on the tops of the bottles making it easy to pick out the one you want when they are grouped together.

The Writing Desk kindly sent me a sample of this ink.

• Start-up: Immediate.
    • Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
    • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
    • Show through/ Bleed through: Showed through slightly on some papers but I could still write on the reverse of all of them.
    • Staining (pen): Not seen after several days - easy clean-up.
    • Staining (hands): My hands were clean after one wash
    • Clogging: Not seen.
    • Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and water resistance is low.

R Oster verde de rio.jpg
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

aurore (January 17th, 2021), damfino (February 3rd, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (January 18th, 2021), Yazeh (January 17th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Robert Oster Signature Verde de Rio (River Green)

Oh! I like that a lot more than I expected to - it's been one I've been dithering about and is now definitely on the list - thank you!!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Robert Oster Signature Verde de Rio (River Green)

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Oh! I like that a lot more than I expected to - it's been one I've been dithering about and is now definitely on the list - thank you!!
    You're welcome. I like it much more than I expected too. Not too light and not too dark. A great in-between green.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens