Thread: FS: RARE - 1934 Esterbrook Dollar Pen Demonstrator

Thanks

Default FS: RARE - 1934 Esterbrook Dollar Pen Demonstrator

This is a chance to own a pen that is seldom seen anywhere. Not one of those, you see it every once in a while on ebay, or maybe one at a pen show, this is a case of, "I've seen and handled two in the past fifteen years" kind of rare pen. Offered for your pleasure, the Esterbrook Dollar pen demonstrator, made ca. 1934. This pen has a 2556 fine point flat feed nib, early two hole clip and lever, and a black inner cap. This pen is near perfect. The imprint is terrific and fully visible, and you can see the lever ring, J bar and sac clearly through the barrel. Like many demonstrators, this one has two small internal stress cracks as pictured. They in no way impede the way the pen caps or are at a risk of cracking further (unless you drop the pen!). I have not resacked the pen, nor have I (or will) checked the status of the current sac or lifted the lever.

I know what some of you are thinking, a pen this rare surely belongs in a serious esterbrook collection, so why don't I keep it? Well, I have one already, and mine is perfect, with a clear inner cap, so this one can be someone else's baby. When I bought my pen several years ago from a very knowledgable collector, I was informed there were maybe 4-5 of these pens left in existence. Can I prove that? No, but I can guarantee you won't likely see another one in a long long time, if ever again, for sale. Own this very rare piece of Esterbrook history. Price is $1750, plus $25 US or $50 International Express shipping. Shipping will include insurance and full tracking. Please send inquiries to sales@andersonpens.net

Best-
    Brian & Lisa

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: FS: RARE - 1934 Esterbrook Dollar Pen Demonstrator

WOW.... & WOW !!!

Thanks

Wow. Now I'm trying to figure out what I can sell to be able to buy that one.

Don't tell my wife...

Thanks

We will be very discreet.