Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, any body wanna show off their car, truck or SUV?

Thanks

Default Hey, any body wanna show off their car, truck or SUV?

Here’s mine. 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scatpack Widebody Octane Red. I love this car. I keep my foot outta motor. Just knowing the power is there is good enough for me. It’s been years since my last high performance vehicle. I plan to baby this car, keep it in the garage and keep the mileage low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Hey, any body wanna show off their car, truck or SUV?

I can’t seem to upload any pics

Thanks

Ok, let’s see if this uploads.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Ok, I do feel compelled to share, and it's honest. Here's the story...

I got this 1974 Ford E-150 Econoline (stretch) van when I was just recently out of college, in 1978. It had been a fleet van for 4 years and it is just a box on wheels, the perfect object for a guy starting out a career as a drummer/percussionist. The photo is not too long ago, after it had been tagged in red spray paint along the 'good' side; the opposite side is where the water cascades and is rustier.

It is ugly, it is rusting badly, but until recently still ran without a fault. I've now got to decide whether to get a carb rebuild or just let it die a natural death. After all these years, so many moves and gigs and helping friends move, it is simply a hard thing to give up - it was paid for decades ago and costs almost nothing to insure and license. The only real downside is that I have a suspicion that it drives property values down, but the good part is you can see it from space.

van_after_wash.jpg
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Igraine (May 29th, 2021), manoeuver (January 26th, 2021), Ole Juul (January 20th, 2021), Pendragon (September 5th, 2021), penwash (January 25th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (January 21st, 2021), TSherbs (February 13th, 2021), usk15 (January 21st, 2021)

Thanks

Yes, yes. I’m bragging, but I absolutely love this car and I want to show it off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TAYLORPUPPY For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (January 20th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post

I got this 1974 Ford E-150 Econoline (stretch) van when I was just recently out of college, in 1978. It had been a fleet van for 4 years and it is just a box on wheels, the perfect object for a guy starting out a career as a drummer/percussionist. The photo is not too long ago, after it had been tagged in red spray paint along the 'good' side; the opposite side is where the water cascades and is rustier.

It is ugly, it is rusting badly, but until recently still ran without a fault. I've now got to decide whether to get a carb rebuild or just let it die a natural death. After all these years, so many moves and gigs and helping friends move, it is simply a hard thing to give up - it was paid for decades ago and costs almost nothing to insure and license. The only real downside is that I have a suspicion that it drives property values down, but the good part is you can see it from space.

van_after_wash.jpg
    I can tell that it has significant personal value. I’m sure you don’t want to do a resto mod on it, so where do you go?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAYLORPUPPY View Post
    I can tell that it has significant personal value. I’m sure you don’t want to do a resto mod on it, so where do you go?
    It's a tough call. It was rebuilt a couple years ago and they didn't do a good job. It isn't running and endless calls have led to NO shops wanting to work on a vehicle this old, but I just got a recommend to a place that I'm going to check out tomorrow or Friday. Fingers crossed. I do need to make it run just to move it, or simply donate it for scrap.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

TAYLORPUPPY (January 20th, 2021)

Thanks

How do you about parking it in the back yard and go check out some dodge dealership websites, or Ford if that’s your preference. It just hate to see a post from you in which that beautiful drum set that would put a smile on Phils face wind out damaged

Thanks

this my wife, wearing her helmet when we were at an SRT track day.

Thanks

It's a tough call. It was rebuilt a couple years ago and they didn't do a good job. It isn't running and endless calls have led to NO shops wanting to work on a vehicle this old, but I just got a recommend to a place that I'm going to check out tomorrow or Friday. Fingers crossed. I do need to make it run just to move it, or simply donate it for scrap.
    If you weren't 3,000 miles away...I so miss working on vehicles that don't have 100 computers.

My current ride has to be connected to a computer just to set the wheel alignment. Even has to connect to the manufacturer's server when the starting battery is changed or it keeps showing an error message.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wile E Coyote For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (January 21st, 2021)

Thanks

van_after_wash.jpg
    I gave my old pickup to the local public radio station through the Car Talk program.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (January 21st, 2021)

Thanks

That was my experience this past weekend. What was nearly as bad, changing the battery requires disassembling and reassembling the air intake, air filter a number of internal trim panels at the firewall.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    That was my experience this past weekend. What was nearly as bad, changing the battery requires disassembling and reassembling the air intake, air filter a number of internal trim panels at the firewall.
    I didn't mention that the battery replacement required the trim panels and strut brace be removed or that even when they were removed that the battery had to be turned on its side to get it out. I was just really annoyed that the computer needed to be reset to recognize that the battery was changed. Luckily, I had a recall notice and the dealer reset it for free while it was in for the recall.

It doesn't even have a spare tire or jack. They want you to hit the on-call button and get towed in to fix a flat. Starting to miss the '69 Galaxy 500.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    If you weren't 3,000 miles away...I so miss working on vehicles that don't have 100 computers.

My current ride has to be connected to a computer just to set the wheel alignment. Even has to connect to the manufacturer's server when the starting battery is changed or it keeps showing an error message.
    I'd like to know who the manufacturer is so that I don't buy their stuff.

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....
    Please contact us by email, and not PM for repair inquiries.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post

I'd like to know who the manufacturer is so that I don't buy their stuff.
    In my case, BMW/MINI.

Thanks

I am not sure that if I miss the days when I could do everything on my cars or take comfort in the reliability of turbo charging, fuel injection and ECUs that work perfectly, until they don't.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Fermata For This Useful Post:

Pendragon (February 7th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,701 Times in 1,971 Posts

Truck?
    Sure, here's my faithful 4Runner that is about to hit 200K.

- Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

CrayonAngelss (January 25th, 2021), usk15 (January 25th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

I no longer have these two, but they have the best memories. Collecting such things took up a bit more space than collecting pens.

'40 Ford DeLuxe convertible and '63 Buick Riviera.

0011597-004.jpeg

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

CrayonAngelss (January 25th, 2021), eachan (January 26th, 2021), Jon Szanto (January 26th, 2021), manoeuver (January 26th, 2021), Pendragon (February 7th, 2021), usk15 (January 25th, 2021)

Thanks

Yes, the 2006 Civic Hatchback is mine...

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to usk15 For This Useful Post:

CrayonAngelss (January 25th, 2021), da vinci (January 25th, 2021), Jon Szanto (January 26th, 2021), manoeuver (January 26th, 2021), penwash (January 25th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (January 25th, 2021), Schaumburg_Swan (January 25th, 2021), Yazeh (January 25th, 2021)