Thread: Where to buy internationally?

Thanks

Default Where to buy internationally?

I'm placing an order for items I can't get in the United States but can get internationally. Who do you recommend buying from?

The items are the Rorher-Klinger erka-rapid ink reservoir, Rorher-Klinger Leipziger Schwarz ink, and Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black Ink.

The Writing Desk (U.K.) $30.69, Pure Pens (U.K.) $39.11, Seitz-Global (Germany) $25.63 - 10% and Stilo & Stile (Italy) $31.88.

My question is twofold. First, what about shipping from these different countries, esp. with Brexit? Second, what about the personalities of these different dealers? Do you like dealing with them?
    Dan Kalish

Fountain Pens: Pelikan Souveran M805, Pelikan Petrol-Marbled M205, Santini Libra Cumberland Gold ebonite, Waterman Expert II, Waterman Phileas, Waterman Kultur, Stipula Splash, Sheaffer Sagaris, Sheaffer Prelude, Osmiroid 65

Thanks
    Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,213 Posts

Default Re: Where to buy internationally?

My favorite European ink store is Fountainfeder.
    Steffi, the owner is amazing. Really good service. Never been disappointed.
    With fountainfeder it'll cost you 23€ or 28$.
    I haven't tried the others but Seitz Global, but that was pre COVID.

As for Brexit, I assume you live in the US. If so it depends if there is a trade agreement between US and UK and the amount you're going to buy....

Thanks

I've ordered several times from CultPens and never had a problem - inks & pens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    My favorite European ink store is Fountainfeder.
    Steffi, the owner is amazing. Really good service. Never been disappointed.
    With fountainfeder it'll cost you 23€ or 28$.
    I haven't tried the others but Seitz Global, but that was pre COVID.

As for Brexit, I assume you live in the US. If so it depends if there is a trade agreement between US and UK and the amount you're going to buy....
    As for Fountainfeder, how do I contact them? I can't determine their mailing address, email address or telephone number. Also, in putting together an order, I don't see anyway to eliminate the VAT.

As for Brexit, I don't know if there's any trade agreement. Does anyone else in this forum know?
    Dan Kalish

Fountain Pens: Pelikan Souveran M805, Pelikan Petrol-Marbled M205, Santini Libra Cumberland Gold ebonite, Waterman Expert II, Waterman Phileas, Waterman Kultur, Stipula Splash, Sheaffer Sagaris, Sheaffer Prelude, Osmiroid 65

Thanks

Where are you? If you're in Europe there'll be vat.
    Last edited by Yazeh; January 21st, 2021 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks

Where are you?
    US of A. NOW I'm proud of my country.
    Dan Kalish

Thanks

I see what you say.
    When I try with Paypal it's 23 €.
    When I sign in the price changes....
    So, I don't know....You'll get it when you pay.
    Worse case scenario, you can cancel your order...
    Last edited by Yazeh; January 21st, 2021 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks

I put your items in my cart. I wasn't charged any Vat. I live in Canada, though.
    Do you know their telephone number and their address? I have an email address fountainfeder@outlook.com.

I didn't complete checkout but VAT was included in the shipping and in the total. It might also be in the cost for the individual items. I suppose I could write them to straighten this out.
    Dan Kalish

Thanks

Write to her...She'll answer you by tomorrow...

Thanks

Vanness in USA carries the two Rohrer & Klingner you mentioned and Pelikan 4001 in either black or blue: https://vanness1938.com

Thanks

Write to her...She'll answer you by tomorrow...
    Interesting. They include VAT on small orders to save money on shipping.

Dear Dan,

thank you so much for reaching out.

We do not remove the VAT on orders below a certain amount for the reason, to save the customer money.
    You might have noticed that I am able to offer very cheap shipping, even with tracking to the US. When I started my business I managed to find a loophole that made it possible for me to ship orders, that are lightweight, all around the world for mostly below 10 Euro. Which is a total game changer.

The VAT deduction is not mandatory for sellers that sell outside of the EU, it is a can but not must. If a VAT deducted transaction is chosen, there needs to be trackable profe for 5 years, that the order left the country and entered the country of destination, as well as profe of it being processed by customes authorities. All this is a service from every mail carrier, that certainly needs to be payed for, which makes shipping for "small" orders, like yours, extremely expensive and not even worth it.
    Once a customer reaches the break even point for the more expensive shipping - VAT deduction = saving, I will of course change it up. Untill than I rather save my customer money and charge the VAT but use the cheaper shipping. There is just no sense in deduction of VAT but than listing 50€ shipping prices for small orders.

Long story short, no VAT deduction unless it saves you money. With the current available shipping methods to my company, for your order it would not save you any money.

Since English is not my first language, let me know if there was something unclear.

Have a lovely day

Steffi
    Dan Kalish

Thanks

Well that makes sense. Because her shipping is really low.... and that's a game changer....at least for me

Thanks

I have delt many times with The Writing Desk, Pure Pens (U.K.), Seitz-Global, Stilo & Stile and Fountainfeder. All are really top notch and highly recommandable without hesitation.

The real question is does one wants or needs to safe every single penny for the sports or any other reason or wants to support small independent businesses.
    That is my one penny/cent thought.

Quote Originally Posted by kaliuzhkin View Post
    I'm placing an order for items I can't get in the United States but can get internationally. Who do you recommend buying from?

The items are the Rorher-Klinger erka-rapid ink reservoir, Rorher-Klinger Leipziger Schwarz ink, and Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black Ink.

The Writing Desk (U.K.) $30.69, Pure Pens (U.K.) $39.11, Seitz-Global (Germany) $25.63 - 10% and Stilo & Stile (Italy) $31.88.

My question is twofold. First, what about shipping from these different countries, esp. with Brexit? Second, what about the personalities of these different dealers? Do you like dealing with them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davoud View Post
    I have delt many times with The Writing Desk, Pure Pens (U.K.), Seitz-Global, Stilo & Stile and Fountainfeder. All are really top notch and highly recommandable without hesitation.

The real question is does one wants or needs to safe every single penny for the sports or any other reason or wants to support small independent businesses.
    That is my one penny/cent thought.
    If one does want "to support small independent businesses," which dealers would be favored?

Also, what do you mean "does one wants or needs to safe every single penny for the sports or any other reason"?

BTW, I placed the order with Stilo & Stile.
    Dan Kalish

Thanks

The important thing, IMO, is the business you feel comfortable with.... after all what we recommend is irrelevant.
    Glad you ordered. I hope they sent your order with tracking. It's important these days.
    Now the waiting part starts. The post is so sluggish nowadays, that you need to almost forget that you ordered a parcel....