Thread: Triumph and Tuckaway

Thanks

Default Triumph and Tuckaway

pens.jpg
    Just sent these in for restoration. 40's/50's Tuckaway and WWII era Triumph along with an early 20's Conklin Crescent filler.
    I got the conklin about 8 years ago and I think the ink sac wasn't installed correctly. It had issues. But it has a flex tip on it. The wet noodle. I just never had time to send it in to have it taken care of.

We got the two Sheaffers at a flea market a year or two ago. We were looking at them and the seller was talking them up, big time. I asked the price, he said he'd let me steal them for 200. Those pens vanished from my hands and reappeared in the tray. He ended up letting them both go for 20 bucks without a fight.

They've been sitting in our pen box collecting dust when we determined that we would have them restored. LOML is gonna end up with the tuckie I believe. She just picked up one of the handwriting books so she might end up with my conklin too. I wouldn't even be mad about it if she lets me borrow it from time to time.

~12 week turnaround, but the restorer was highly recommended so we're confident it'll be worth the wait.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skwerlmasta For This Useful Post:

FredRydr (January 25th, 2021), jar (January 25th, 2021), Jon Szanto (January 24th, 2021), Linkinyeah (January 24th, 2021), welch (January 30th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Default Re: Triumph and Tuckaway

Who is doing the restorations?

Thanks

When I got the pens a while back I asked on the forums here. The suggestion was overwhelmingly Ron. So that's where we went. His reputation on the forums is excellent.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skwerlmasta View Post
    When I got the pens a while back I asked on the forums here. The suggestion was overwhelmingly Ron. So that's where we went. His reputation on the forums is excellent.
    Great. Keep us posted.

Thanks

Turnaround time of ~12 weeks. I'll post the pictures when I get them back.
    Have a wonderful week.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skwerlmasta View Post
    ...early 20's Conklin Crescent filler. I got the conklin about 8 years ago and I think the ink sac wasn't installed correctly. It had issues. But it has a flex tip on it. The wet noodle. I just never had time to send it in to have it taken care of....
    I cannot tell from the photo, but are you missing the crescent pressure bar? If you share the model name, I may be able to help.

Thanks

Sorry, no. I wasn't paying attention. The bar is intact and what is keeping the pen from rolling.
    I made this desk by hand and it's a hair or 5 off level. If you look at the upper right of the lock you'll see a little sliver of gold peeking out.
    But thanks for the offer of assistance.
    Last edited by Skwerlmasta; January 25th, 2021 at 10:49 AM.