Thread: Ink Review: Scribe Jamocha

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Ink Review: Scribe Jamocha

Scribe Jamocha

With many grateful thanks to junglejim I was able to do some testing on some of the new Scribe inks before they went on general sale.

I wasn’t able to compare Scribe Jamocha with the original Parker Penman Mocha because I have no Mocha left. I found an old swab and they look quite similar colours although Mocha was more saturated.

Jamocha is an unsaturated ink and exhibited some lovely shading. I had no start-up problems, no skipping, no ink starvation issues. Flow was quite wet and lubrication was smooth across the page.

Like the other Scribe inks I've tried Jamocha became more saturated and concentrated after being inside the pen for a few days.

It didn't show through on either my Tomoe River paper or on Rhodia DotPad. Dry time is fairly long but that's true for many inks on TR paper.

I didn't have a problem cleaning it out of my pen nor cleaning it off of my fingers. A really nice ink.

Scribe Jamocha.jpegScribe Jamocha 1.jpeg
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (February 18th, 2021), Robert (January 25th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (January 25th, 2021), Yazeh (January 25th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Scribe Jamocha

Great review - thank you. I think this looks very interesting - and as another brown ink fan I'd certainly try this one if price/availability was sensible!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Great review - thank you. I think this looks very interesting - and as another brown ink fan I'd certainly try this one if price/availability was sensible!
    Thank you. I emailed the maker via the email address on his web-site but he chose to not reply to me. Maybe he's not interested in international sales?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

If it means complying with the bizarre new VAT rules for the UK, who could blame him!! Still not very good manners to not reply at all though.