Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations (or warnings) sought for possible retirement gift...to myself

Thanks

Default Re: Recommendations (or warnings) sought for possible retirement gift...to myself

Quote Originally Posted by topcat666 View Post
    Just to advise that I've just ordered a Cross Peerless in black with a fine nib.
    I havered about it but a Sailor nib with Cross converter was a strong pull although I wasn't too enamoured of the body so held back.
    Then I got a discount code sent to me so for £195 for a gold nib, good converter and did I mention the Sailor nib, I think that was too good to pass by.
    At the end of the day, I guess I'm just soooo cheap
    Having said that, there's still some budget left to pick up an Edison Collier with steel nib (Antique Marble finish?).
    Maybe a gold nib if I rreally wanted one but the steel nibs are highly rated.
    What an addiction this FP stuff can be
    I hope you are enjoying your new pen.

Thanks

Default Re: Recommendations (or warnings) sought for possible retirement gift...to myself

Thank you, Sandy.
    It has arrived so I plan to ink it up today with either Diamine Deep Green or, more likely, Diamine Black Onyx.
    It looks nice and feels nice so it's looking good.

Thanks

I wouldn't consider a Pelikan 600 "girthy", but perhaps an 800 or 1000 would be thick enough. Sometimes you can find a Montblanc in a colour, particularly if you want burgundy or dark blue.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TFarnon View Post
    I wouldn't consider a Pelikan 600 "girthy", but perhaps an 800 or 1000 would be thick enough. Sometimes you can find a Montblanc in a colour, particularly if you want burgundy or dark blue.
    Did you read the thread?

The pen is already selected, ordered, delivered and will be inked today.

Thanks

A good pen, lovely nib (seems a Western fine rather than a traditional Japanese fine which is good to me) smooth with a little feedback.
    A little weighty (metal) and maybe a tad balanced at the rear when posted but not likely to be a problem to me except maybe during any long writing sessions or if my arthritis flares up a little.
    I like it.
    Now for the next pen!
    Thanks again for the help and advice.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topcat666 For This Useful Post:

Pterodactylus (February 14th, 2021), Sandy (February 14th, 2021), TFarnon (February 15th, 2021)