Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad experience with nibs.com

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: Bad experience with nibs.com

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel1 View Post
    No as me coming on here is what got the situation resolved. I explored my options and attempted to get the situation resolved before I came on here and posted.
    No, I get that: you came here, complained, and someone else managed to make a call that was, most likely, reasonable and rational and - lo and behold - things have worked out swell. I wonder what the missing link is here?

The market feedback is for use to share our experiences with vendors. It should not be censored just because others have not had the same result.
    Nothing I have said indicated even the remotest interest in censoring opinions. You have every right to share your experiences, as well as receive commentary on same.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    No, I get that: you came here, complained, and someone else managed to make a call that was, most likely, reasonable and rational and - lo and behold - things have worked out swell. I wonder what the missing link is here?

The market feedback is for use to share our experiences with vendors. It should not be censored just because others have not had the same result.
    Nothing I have said indicated even the remotest interest in censoring opinions. You have every right to share your experiences, as well as receive commentary on same.
    The missing link is not having the contact information for John other than the Business line and an email address. Don't you think Dan might have contact info that we do not have? Don't you think I tried multiple ways of contact without any result other than someone being rude on the phone with me. Again not everyone just comes here without trying and jut bitching. It was a fair review of my experience with them. Most of the time on the forums people jump to the defense of the retailer, saying the buyer did not try everything or is blowing things out of proportion.

Maybe the person who spoke with me over the phone was new or just having a bad day, but that does not change the fact it was bad customer service , and despite multiple phone calls to the business line as well as multiple emails, no apologies, or explanations were given nor was the option to look into it any further. Just "we don't care and I don't know what to tell you"

Thanks Dan for being able to contact John and I am grateful everything is resolved.

To Tony
    If I had been given an explanation before ordering that there might be artistic license or there might be variation I would not have had a problem with it. I will never hamper an artist on a bespoke item as long as I am aware of it. An explanation as well as a drawing was submitted and was told it would be exact. That was what I was expecting and if it had been revealed before hand I would have been happy. It is not Nakaya I was upset with, just bad customer service.
    WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.
    Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tarheel1 For This Useful Post:

pocketses (August 3rd, 2013)

Thanks

Most of the time on the forums people jump to the defense of the retailer, saying the buyer did not try everything or is blowing things out of proportion.
    Actually, I find more people reacting in the opposite way, in favor of the aggrieved party. As with all of this, I can only know what I read, and I have no way of knowing that Dan has some magic contact for the people in question. I'm glad that it seems to be moving towards a resolution that makes all parties pleased.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

The following is a response I've just received from John Mottishaw:

Hi Daniel,We heard back from our representative at Nakaya yesterday. She explains the situation in the following way:

"Thank you very much for your e-mail by return.

We are relieved to hear that Mr. ******* understands the difference.
    We think other people’s comments on the forum helps us this time.
    When your customer place an order with kanji naming in future,
    Could you please explain the following to him(her)?

Name drawing by Nakaya’s Maki-e technique is done by each craftsman’s original style of character
    he uses when he inscribes his name on his work.
    The craftsman never draws the different kanji, but the style tends to be a cursive(running) one.

Thank you very much for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,
    Yoshiko Kato(Ms.), Nakaya Fountain Pen"

Could you please post her explanation on the thread?

Again, thank you for pointing out this issue to me!

Best Regards,

John

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

AltecGreen (July 23rd, 2013), AndyT (July 23rd, 2013), cedargirl (July 23rd, 2013), drgoretex (July 23rd, 2013), earthdawn (July 24th, 2013), gylyf (July 23rd, 2013), jde (July 23rd, 2013), Jon Szanto (July 23rd, 2013), reprieve (July 23rd, 2013), tarheel1 (July 23rd, 2013), Tony Rex (July 23rd, 2013)

Thanks

does not change the fact it was bad customer service , and despite multiple phone calls to the business line as well as multiple emails, no apologies, or explanations were given nor was the option to look into it any further. Just "we don't care and I don't know what to tell you"
    Why not give the benefit of the doubt to the original poster that he did what he could (contact, email, call etc.).

I feel like one should think twice (or thrice) before posting a negative feedback on the forum. I know some have not done their due diligence and should not use forums and their default channel but I feel the OP of some negative posts are treated with some sort of hostility... I thought we were cultivating a healthy atmosphere here so that we all could benefit from each other's input.

TBH, I feel there's a condescending atmosphere... even early on when the poster clarified that he did what he could have done..

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dduran For This Useful Post:

Beowulf50 (July 24th, 2013), cedargirl (July 23rd, 2013), fountainpenkid (July 23rd, 2013), jde (July 23rd, 2013), kenmc (July 25th, 2013), pocketses (August 3rd, 2013), sloegin (July 23rd, 2013), tarheel1 (July 23rd, 2013)

Thanks

Thanks for that Dan. I was able to talk with Nakaya about the issue as well as NIbs.com. Everything was resolved and I am glad for the support.
    WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tarheel1 For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (July 24th, 2013)

Thanks

No as me coming on here...
    Interesting turn of the phrase....

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david i View Post

No as me coming on here...
    Interesting turn of the phrase....

-d
    Seriously? How is that relevant? Yes i was upset and should have typed " No i am not sorry i posted this as i feel it was the main source of a positive resolution"

Thanks

On reflection, I've decided I just won't comment any more on this thread. I've had my say, and no sense repeating myself.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; July 24th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Seriously? How is that relevant? Yes i was upset and should have typed " No i am not sorry i posted this as i feel it was the main source of a positive resolution"
    How we write reflects how we think. This whole thread has a flavor of "Gee, I rushed..."

Just sayin'...

regards

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy