Thread: Less expensive notebook review(minimalism art)

Thanks

Default Less expensive notebook review(minimalism art)

I picked up a couple of the minimalism art 5X 8 notebooks from Amazon. $8.95 each which is half the price of the big name notebooks that I typically buy. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the notebooks.
    I got the dot grid notebook and the pages are thick and smooth. I had no issues with feathering or bleed-through. There really isn't even any see-through on the pages.
    Here is a picture of the front and back of the page I wrote on. Excuse the handwriting, please, I'm starting to work on that.
    Ink was Diamine Noel and the pen was a Pelikan 200 with fine nib. That's the biggest nib I own, though I might borrow the lady's twsbi with medium nib and report back on the results.
    The pictures don't do the ink justice. Even with the fine nib I can see lots of shading and even some of the green sheen on the ink.
    All in all, well worth the purchase and I'd recommend to anyone looking for a less expensive alternative for notebooks.

thumbnail (1).jpgIMG_20210207_130431436.jpg

Here's a close up taken with a macro lens that I took because the previous picture from my phone looks a little pixelated. You can see some very minor feathering that you really can't see when looking at the writing from normal distances.
    P1050618_DxO.jpg
    Last edited by Skwerlmasta; February 7th, 2021 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Less expensive notebook review(minimalism art)

Bugger the notebooks, look after your nails.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fermata View Post
    When I was a child my mom put tabasco on my nails to try to discourage me from chewing them. Tabasco being like crack to cajuns, this only encouraged me to gnaw them with a fervor she could not have imagined.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skwerlmasta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermata View Post
    When I was a child my mom put tabasco on my nails to try to discourage me from chewing them. Tabasco being like crack to cajuns, this only encouraged me to gnaw them with a fervor she could not have imagined.
    That made me laugh. Thank you (smiling.)

Thanks

Ditch the tabasco, try dog poo.

Thanks

Fermata, we all have our bad habits that we must at some point accept as part of who we are.
    I chew my nails, you're a judgmental prick who has to insult others to try to make his own pitiful life seem worth living.
    We are who we are.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skwerlmasta View Post
    Fermata, we all have our bad habits that we must at some point accept as part of who we are.
    I chew my nails, you're a judgmental prick who has to insult others to try to make his own pitiful life seem worth living.
    We are who we are.
    Leaving aside your insults.

I have some experience of your condition, the state of your fingers is amongst the worst I have seen out of many. In continuing to bite your nails you are putting your health at risk from direct infection into the bloodstream but, expecially in these times, the indirection infection of transferring coronavirus and bacteria from any surface that you touch into your mouth.

Onychophagia has also been shown to cause dental problems including gum disease leading to tooth loss.

This problem is not usually a matter for your MD, there are some bitter tasting applications which may help, the difficulty you will face is that you have 6-9 months of growth before you will see any serious improvement.