Thread: Less expensive notebook review(minimalism art)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Less expensive notebook review(minimalism art)

I picked up a couple of the minimalism art 5X 8 notebooks from Amazon. $8.95 each which is half the price of the big name notebooks that I typically buy. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the notebooks.
    I got the dot grid notebook and the pages are thick and smooth. I had no issues with feathering or bleed-through. There really isn't even any see-through on the pages.
    Here is a picture of the front and back of the page I wrote on. Excuse the handwriting, please, I'm starting to work on that.
    Ink was Diamine Noel and the pen was a Pelikan 200 with fine nib. That's the biggest nib I own, though I might borrow the lady's twsbi with medium nib and report back on the results.
    The pictures don't do the ink justice. Even with the fine nib I can see lots of shading and even some of the green sheen on the ink.
    All in all, well worth the purchase and I'd recommend to anyone looking for a less expensive alternative for notebooks.

thumbnail (1).jpgIMG_20210207_130431436.jpg

Here's a close up taken with a macro lens that I took because the previous picture from my phone looks a little pixelated. You can see some very minor feathering that you really can't see when looking at the writing from normal distances.
    P1050618_DxO.jpg
    Last edited by Skwerlmasta; February 7th, 2021 at 12:23 PM.