Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trump Won Two-Thirds of Election Lawsuits Where Merits Considered

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Default Re: Trump Won Two-Thirds of Election Lawsuits Where Merits Considered

Thanks, EOC.

I meant to add to my earlier post that Trump has actually won a recent court effort: he has been granted additional time before having to hand over his tax materials. It's not that Trump or his allies *never* win court cases. Just very few, and none of any consequence having to do with fraud or the legitimacy of the outcome in any state.

This recent case is on an entirely different matter.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I never mentoned Bill Clinton. Why did you mention him? It is common for children to respond when accused of something to say, "well, they did it first". Or, "so and so did it to". We can never actaually converse about Trump if all his followers only defend his words and actions by comparing him to someone else. We all stand or fall on our own merits.

There were people who died and are dying because of Trump's actions both with the pandemic and on January 6. This is not something I am fabricating. People were hurt because of Cuomo's actions. Comparing him to another governor fails to address the problem. Hopefully, you get my point.
    CN,

Again, stick with me:

In Post 110 you claim that Trump taught Cuomo to lie. I cited an example of a politician who lied about sex before Trump was president. Seems that former President Clinton was able to lie about sex without being taught by Trump, which destroys your argument that only politicians that are taught by Trump lie about sex. Feel free to cite a Republican politician who lied about sex before Trump was elected. My statement was not a Trump defense. I never defend lying, regardless of political party. Your argument that Trump taught Cuomo to lie assumes that Cuomo has no conscience of his own. Actually, I'm willing to agree with that, but argue that condition pre-existed Donald Trump

Do you remember Trump sending the hospital ship to New York to help during the pandemic? Do you remember Cuomo not sending patients to be treated at the ship? Did that action of Trump cause people to die? Same question with the tent hospital sent by Franklin Graham which remained virtually empty: can you possibly claim Trump was involved? Who got the vaccine process kick-started? Didn't the Dems claim that it couldn't be done?

Other than Ashli Babbitt, who died on January 6? I mean at the Capital. And before you say it, no officer died after being beaten with a fire extinguisher.
    I'll help you out here and respond as condesendedly as you. This is what I wrote, "Trump has taught others the best way to address accusations is to just claim the accusation is false." The word "others" is a pronoun and not specific to Cuomo or anyone else. If you can't understand, then we are both wasting our time here.

Who died information is readily available. I listened to the officers testify last week. Those transcripts are readily available. If you want to believe what took place on January 6, 2021 served a good purpose, that's your business and perogative. I disagree.

I do think Trump urged the insurrection based on reading a transcrpit of his speech before the attack. I have listened to memnbers of congress speak and McConnel's response. I do think something bad and unhealthy for our system of government occured on that day, but I also realize that these events were inevitable based on prior events that Trump held for his supporters. In other words, the insurrection should not be a surprise, yet, it appears the capital police were very much surprised.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; August 7th, 2021 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks

I'll help you out here and respond as condesendedly as you. This is what I wrote, "Trump has taught others the best way to address accusations is to just claim the accusation is false." The word "others" is a pronoun and not specific to Cuomo or anyone else. If you can't understand, then we are both wasting our time here.

Who died information is readily available. I listened to the officers testify last week. Those transcripts are readily available. If you want to believe what took place on January 6, 2021 served a good purpose, that's your business and perogative. I disagree.

I do think Trump urged the insurrection based on reading a transcrpit of his speech before the attack. I have listened to memnbers of congress speak and McConnel's response. I do think something bad and unhealthy for our system of government occured on that day, but I also realize that these events were inevitable based on prior events that Trump held for his supporters. In other words, the insurrection should not be a surprise, yet, it appears the capital police were very much surprised.
    Chuck, Chuck, Chuck-

You are really unsuccessful at distancing yourself from your own statements. Now you're claiming Cuomo is not one of your "others?" Specifically not an "other" that you referenced in the next sentence, in the same paragraph as Trump? If your statement about Trump isn't specific to anyone, if it doesn't apply to anyone can it even be true?

Yes, my question was "Who died on January 6?" Your reference to the information being available and neither citing nor quoting concedes my point. Again with the deflection.

Again with the straw man argument: please cite the post number in which I stated that January 6 served "a good purpose."

At last we can agree: the capitol police were very much surprised. I too am surprised at some police holding doors open during an "insurrection." Are you surprised that the name of the officer who shot Ashli Babbitt has not been officially released, along with his/her explanation of what happened? Don't we deserve the same amount of information as in the Trayvon Martin and George Floyd cases?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck-

You are really unsuccessful at distancing yourself from your own statements. Now you're claiming Cuomo is not one of your "others?" Specifically not an "other" that you referenced in the next sentence, in the same paragraph as Trump? If your statement about Trump isn't specific to anyone, if it doesn't apply to anyone can it even be true?

Yes, my question was "Who died on January 6?" Your reference to the information being available and neither citing nor quoting concedes my point. Again with the deflection.

Again with the straw man argument: please cite the post number in which I stated that January 6 served "a good purpose."

At last we can agree: the capitol police were very much surprised. I too am surprised at some police holding doors open during an "insurrection." Are you surprised that the name of the officer who shot Ashli Babbitt has not been officially released, along with his/her explanation of what happened? Don't we deserve the same amount of information as in the Trayvon Martin and George Floyd cases?
    Demanding an answer when you can do the research yourself just wastes time. From all accounts, five people are said to have died on January 6, 2021 at the US Capital. In fact demanding an answer makes me think you are suggesting the information available it invalid. Do you think no one or only one or two died? I wasn't there. Where you?

I wrote, "If you want to believe what took place on January 6, 2021 served a good purpose, that's your business and perogative. I disagree."If" is not an accusation. So there is nothing to quote. I guess reading your words caused me to think you possibly feel the event was for a good cause. What do you actually think about the event on 1/6/21?

If someone does something and gets by with it, it can cause others think they can get away also. That's not that same as forcing someone to do something. An analogy might be if someone climbs the summit of Mount Everest, others may observe and think they can also. If that observer get themselves killed trying to climb the mountain, it would be wrong to blame the successful ones.

Trump was not damaged by his words and actions which I am saying inspired others to give it a try as in the case with Cuomo. It does not mean Trump made Cuomo do something.

I am not surprised the name has not been released. Trump has recently said "we know who he is", and “The Radical Left haters cannot be allowed to get away with this. There must be justice!”. What do you think about the former president siding with those that attacked the capital and this after he denies he was the cause for the attack. So was he against it before he was for it? Do you think he speech before the attack caused the attack. If not, why?

Now you are comparing what happen to Martin and Floyd to someone who attacked the US Capital. Do you think these are the same type of incidents? What does George Floyd and Ms Babbitt have in common in your opinion? Floyd was killed for passing a counterfiet $20 bill and Ms. Babbitt was killed crashing into a window at the US Capital. Let's say it was Floyd who crashed the window? What if Babbitt had a knee on her neck until she died, would that change anything or do you think its the same?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (August 17th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Chuck, I believe it is only one person who died directly as a result of the storming of the Capitol. Another death was determined to be a stroke (IIRC). And, oddly, there have been three other suicides among law enforcement responders in the area that day (seems a statistical anomaly).

Now, there were dozens of other assaults on officers documented and in the process of being prosecuted. Not to mention many other felonies. Fortunately, loss of life was limited because it seems like there was the potential for much more shooting with so many guns drawn and officers being assaulted and trespassing and marauding going on in the building where the Senate was convening.

Law enforcement at the top was not "surprised" by the potential for this incursion. The potential was there for weeks, and there were worries expressed on the day of the event.

What some individual officers did at the doors is irrelevant to whether or not there were threats that day nor whether crimes were committed. The crowd was a mixture of followers and leaders, passive witnesses and active breakers of law speaking and demonstrating attempts to harm. The police were also a mixture of persons doing their duty and those in dereliction. It was a shit show over all, the result of which is a giant barricade around the grounds, indicating the fed position on how they feel about the threat of the event overall.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

Thank you for explaining @tsherbs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (August 17th, 2021)