Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: esterbrook model A

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Default Re: esterbrook model A

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    An A (Slender) and an H (Demi) are the same diameter, the H being shorter than the A. An A (Slender) and a B (Full size) were the same length with the B being larger in diameter.
    Question: were there model designations C through G, or were they just f***ing with us?
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldfarmroad View Post
    Good news! I fulfilled my dream of fully restoring my gggrandfathers esterbrook model A slim.
    Many thanks to jkll on eBay, and to others here.

I love how my restored pen writes. The 2556 nib is silk smooth. It's almost like writing on glass.
    It's almost magical to put pen to paper and see your thoughts magically appear.
    I'm so pleased it all worked out for you - vintage pens ae fantastic to use, but there's something even more special when there's a real connection with them. Every time you use it, you'll be able to think of all the words it's written before. Many of them by your own family members.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    An A (Slender) and an H (Demi) are the same diameter, the H being shorter than the A. An A (Slender) and a B (Full size) were the same length with the B being larger in diameter.
    Question: were there model designations C through G, or were they just f***ing with us?
    Esterbrook was a maniacal genius. He skipped those few letters until later so completist collectors could could debate why and OCD sorters would forever need two complete sets to organize chronologically and alphabetically.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Good news! I fulfilled my dream of fully restoring my gggrandfathers esterbrook model A slim.
    Many thanks to jkll on eBay, and to others here.

I love how my restored pen writes. The 2556 nib is silk smooth. It's almost like writing on glass.
    It's almost magical to put pen to paper and see your thoughts magically appear.
    I'm so pleased it all worked out for you - vintage pens ae fantastic to use, but there's something even more special when there's a real connection with them. Every time you use it, you'll be able to think of all the words it's written before. Many of them by your own family members.
    indeed my friend, indeed.
    Jim

Thanks

Esterbrook was a maniacal genius. He skipped those few letters until later so completist collectors could could debate why and OCD sorters would forever need two complete sets to organize chronologically and alphabetically.
    Well Farmboy, that made me laugh and also soothed my frustration all at the same time...Thanks
    Jim

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Well done, congratulations! Not many things more precious than a piece with family provenance. I hope you enjoy it for decades to come.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Well done, congratulations! Not many things more precious than a piece with family provenance. I hope you enjoy it for decades to come.
    JS- it's the simple things that give the most lasting pleasure at the end of the day.
    Thanks.
    Jim

Thanks

Three winners: it's a family heirloom, it's an Esterbrook, & it's repaired.

Thanks

yep!