Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Penbox UK

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Penbox UK

    Hi can anyone recommend the Penbox UK?
    Much appreciated

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,368
    Thanks
    3,668
    Thanked 6,487 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Penbox UK

    They are a B&M store and sell online on their own web-site. They have some good deals on replacement nibs.
    I think I once bought ink from them.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Penbox UK

    Quote Originally Posted by hourwerk View Post
    Hi can anyone recommend the Penbox UK?
    Much appreciated

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    26 google reviews at 5 star rating. Seems like a great shop.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Member Johnny_S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Penbox UK

    I had one bad experience well, one and a half, and have heard from a friend that there response times were real slow, never found out why though. If your purchase is simple then I wouldn't let it bother you.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clinging desperately to planet Earth
    Posts
    214
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 251 Times in 140 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Penbox UK

    I just had a look at their website out of curiosity. What surprised me is the amount of inventory displayed listed as sold or no longer available. One would think, they would remove the items as they are sold rather than marking them as sold. I suspect their rationale is to fill space, but it doesn't seem like a good marketing plan.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Penbox UK

    Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    I just had a look at their website out of curiosity. What surprised me is the amount of inventory displayed listed as sold or no longer available. One would think, they would remove the items as they are sold rather than marking them as sold. I suspect their rationale is to fill space, but it doesn't seem like a good marketing plan.
    Had a nice chat with the owner this morning and ordered a pen. They are very knowledgeable & "Old School" and do not have a slick website, preferring instead to deal with customers in their retail shop. COVID has forced them reluctantly embrace internet trading.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clinging desperately to planet Earth
    Posts
    214
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 251 Times in 140 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Penbox UK

    Quote Originally Posted by hourwerk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    I just had a look at their website out of curiosity. What surprised me is the amount of inventory displayed listed as sold or no longer available. One would think, they would remove the items as they are sold rather than marking them as sold. I suspect their rationale is to fill space, but it doesn't seem like a good marketing plan.
    Had a nice chat with the owner this morning and ordered a pen. They are very knowledgeable & "Old School" and do not have a slick website, preferring instead to deal with customers in their retail shop. COVID has forced them reluctantly embrace internet trading.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

    COVID has force all of us to 'embrace internet trading', hasn't it?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •