Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,023 of 1023

Thread: Visconti

Thanks

Default Re: Visconti

This is going to sound weird, but I promise it worked for me. Submerge pen and about a 1/8th of grip in the ink. Twist knob until it stops. Don’t take the pen out of the ink! Twist back down, twist up, twist back down. Then after letting the ink drip off the nib and feed (you can also wipe it off) gently tap the pen on a table. Nib straight up in the air, gently being key word. If there is any air in the C/c it should rise to the top. Now slowly twist the knob until ink starts to leak out of the feed. Leaving the knob where it is, submerge back in ink, and twist back down to a full position.

Thanks

I love reading this thread, I love Visconti pens! But I might have to part ways with some soon, medical bills in the US are crazy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lionheartlee View Post
    This is going to sound weird, but I promise it worked for me. Submerge pen and about a 1/8th of grip in the ink. Twist knob until it stops. Don’t take the pen out of the ink! Twist back down, twist up, twist back down. Then after letting the ink drip off the nib and feed (you can also wipe it off) gently tap the pen on a table. Nib straight up in the air, gently being key word. If there is any air in the C/c it should rise to the top. Now slowly twist the knob until ink starts to leak out of the feed. Leaving the knob where it is, submerge back in ink, and twist back down to a full position.
    This is true for most pens if you want a true full fill. My vac fillers need 2 or 3 actuations of the plunger to get 3/4 full. Converters need at least 2 to get 2/3 full. My Edison pump needed a half a dozen pumps to get 3/4 full. My piston pens require 2 actuations to get more than half full. At least i can see most of them.

If you want a truly full fill with the Visconti HS Midi you can unscrew the nib unit, use a syringe to fill the converter reservoir, reinstall the nib, and then dip the nib and feed to fill them.