Thread: Custom Blues

Thanks

Default Custom Blues

I had these 2 pens for a while now, keep changing and modifying them. One is a blue Sheaffer No Nonsense, bought in a job lot, that was a ballpoint pen. The other ballpoint pen is a blue Parker AdPen (Big Red series).

On the Sheaffer NN I have removed the spring that was stuck on the barrel, changed the section from a damaged NN fountain pen. And later I have bought a Prelude Desk Set, but the ballpoint support is kind of broken. So I have pulled the Prelude nib and replaced in my blue NN.

I had couple of Big Red/AdPen in red, yellow and black, but I really wanted this baby blue one. It came as ballpoint, but I had ready a section with convertor and a stub nib, so the change was natural. Just swap the BP section for this FP combo, no other modification.

And now I have two nice blue fountain pens, reminiscent of vintage Sheaffer and Parker from the 20's, one with a toothy fine nib, and the other with a 1.1mm stub nib. Both pens are light, medium size, and comfortable to write long sessions.

Both are around 18 grams capped with convertors and full loaded, and about 13 grams uncapped, convertor and full load.
    Sheaffer is a bit shorter capped and uncapped, but longer when posted. Sheaffer feels also thicker, but is just an illusion, both have a 10mm section. Measurements are approximate.

The Big Red series can take fountain pens section from Cross Solo, Parker IM first generation and Pilot MR/Metropolitan.

The photos and video are made with my phone, edited with phone's app:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBV3yX03hd8

Thanks

Default Re: Custom Blues

It looks like maximum photos are 15, so here are the rest of them:

I have no idea why the YouTube video is just a link not a embed video.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to usk15 For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (February 19th, 2021)