Thread: The Leonardo Pura Series. Stunning?

Thanks

Default The Leonardo Pura Series. Stunning?

What are your thoughts on this model in the various incarnations? The Figboot review (posted today) is very positive indeed:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Default Re: The Leonardo Pura Series. Stunning?

I think the colours are pretty, and I also like the finish, but I definitely don't like the metal band at the end of the section. I think the price may be a bit too high, but knowing my level of resistance to temptation, and given that I'm very smitten with my first LOI pen, I'm pleased these are in the size that's just too big for me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rin Tin Pen (March 14th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I think the colours are pretty, and I also like the finish, but I definitely don't like the metal band at the end of the section. I think the price may be a bit too high, but knowing my level of resistance to temptation, and given that I'm very smitten with my first LOI pen, I'm pleased these are in the size that's just too big for me
    Interesting. The "anthracite with gold trim" version of this pen has several features that appeal to me (other than appearance):
    1. piston filler (1.2 ml capacity)
    2. sufficient size (girth and length)
    3. #6 nib
    4. step is unobtrusively placed so as not to interfere with holding the pen (generally I do not care at all for steps)
    5. ebonite feed

Worth $300? Dunno, but Figboot essentially says the purchase of at least one of these pens is a no-brainer. Hmmm, maybe...
    Last edited by Rin Tin Pen; March 15th, 2021 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Tin Pen View Post
    Interesting. The "anthracite with gold trim" version of this pen has several features that appeal to me (other than appearance):
    3. #6 nib
    4. step is unobtrusively placed so as not to interfere with holding the pen (generally I do not care at all for steps)
    5. ebonite feed

Worth $300? Dunno, but Figboot essentially says the purchase of at least one of these pens is a no-brainer. Hmmm, maybe...
    As it turns out, he "piston filler" is not a piston, per se, but a converter. A "non-removable proprietary converter," in the case of the Grande series. Pretty sure this is a deal breaker for me.

See this LINK at about 7:35.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

3. #6 nib
    5. ebonite feed

As it turns out, he "piston filler" is not a piston, per se, but a converter. A "non-removable proprietary converter," in the case of the Grande series. Pretty sure this is a deal breaker for me.

See this LINK at about 7:35.
    I'm not sure that's the case with all the newer versions - my very recently purchased LE has a true piston mechanism, and I was told that the new Grande pens will have the same. The difference ink capacity is (from memory) 1.2 versus 1.5ml (which is still pretty puny) but looking at the pictures, and given the translucency of the material, I think the pura has a real piston rather than the 'fixed converter' on previous Grandes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

Doesn't do anything for me.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

Section trim ring?!

Next!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (March 20th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Their cheapest looking version yet.