Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treasury Secretary Yellen provides signature for new paper currency

Thanks

Default Treasury Secretary Yellen provides signature for new paper currency

While I was hoping to see a fountain pen, the task requires an extra fine line, I guess ...

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/5...paper-currency
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

Indiana Jones used a notebook in the map room, not an app.

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlkWhiteFilmPix For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 16th, 2021), damfino (March 24th, 2021), Jon Szanto (March 16th, 2021), SlowMovingTarget (March 17th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Treasury Secretary Yellen provides signature for new paper currency

Heathens

Thanks
    Thanked 10,370 Times in 3,980 Posts

That is a great disappointment. Perhaps she had to do it really quickly with no time to find a fountain pen?
    But thank you for sharing BWFP.
    Last edited by Chrissy; March 17th, 2021 at 02:02 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (March 17th, 2021)

Thanks

She went to my high school, long before me, back when students might have used fountain pens. But who knows.

Thanks

I cannot trust anyone, especially at her age, wearing an I-watch or whatever they are called. She should have been wearing a mechanical watch or, given her lack of sophistication, a quartz watch. One could only hope she would have used a fountain pen but I suspect there is some rule about using a ball point to sign one's name for future currency.
    Last edited by Roe D Hym; March 17th, 2021 at 05:31 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Roe D Hym For This Useful Post:

Seattleite (March 17th, 2021)

Thanks

For anyone curious about her signature, the Government is going to be printing and handing out trillions of copies. We each get a stack whether we need it or not. Should stimulate fountain pen sales.

Bob

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Seattleite For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (March 17th, 2021)

Thanks

I am saving my stack of copies to pay for the eventual increase in taxes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Roe D Hym For This Useful Post:

SlowMovingTarget (March 17th, 2021)

Thanks

Secretary Lew used a ballpoint pen.

Here are some more samples from other Treasury Secretaries

After my French test next week, I think I'll put one of my fountain pens to paper and send her a letter asking why she didn't use a fountain pen.
    Last edited by BlkWhiteFilmPix; March 17th, 2021 at 02:48 PM.
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlkWhiteFilmPix For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (March 19th, 2021)

Thanks

Or, perhaps the signature block is too small for the flourishing signatures we make with fountain pens.

Maybe a technical requirement about reflectivity and scanning.
    Bob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roe D Hym View Post
    I cannot trust anyone, especially at her age, wearing an I-watch or whatever they are called. She should have been wearing a mechanical watch or, given her lack of sophistication, a quartz watch. One could only hope she would have used a fountain pen but I suspect there is some rule about using a ball point to sign one's name for future currency.
    Absurd. She was valedictorian and editor of the school paper at her enormous Brooklyn HS, phi beta kappa at Brown, a Yale PhD and a prof at Berkeley. Not to mention Fed Chair and Treasury secretary. I think she knows the score. Even without a Rolex or whatever you were hoping to see on her wrist.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

Barry B. Gabay (March 22nd, 2021), Ole Juul (March 19th, 2021), Yazeh (March 19th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seattleite View Post
    For anyone curious about her signature, the Government is going to be printing and handing out trillions of copies. We each get a stack whether we need it or not. Should stimulate fountain pen sales.

Bob
    Give us soma before we get hit with taxes and inflation...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

Seattleite (March 18th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattleite View Post

Bob
    Give us soma before we get hit with taxes and inflation...
    Bread and circuses in a Brave New World.

Bob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    Absurd. She was valedictorian and editor of the school paper at her enormous Brooklyn HS, phi beta kappa at Brown, a Yale PhD and a prof at Berkeley. Not to mention Fed Chair and Treasury secretary. I think she knows the score. Even without a Rolex or whatever you were hoping to see on her wrist.
    Absurd? People can write with text machines, computers, ball point pens and roller ball pens; the latter two can be purchased for about $1 each. Why would anyone spend hundreds of dollars for a fountain pen and use such an antiquated device? This is a fountain pen forum and we promote the use of fountain pens. In watch forums we promote mechanical watches. Fountain pens and mechanical watches may seem antiquated but yet many prefer them over such things as BIC pens and I-watches.
    Last edited by Roe D Hym; March 19th, 2021 at 07:00 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Roe D Hym For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (March 24th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

To produce the best exemplar possible to reproduce signatures, wouldn't you expect the engravers to specify and provide the writing instrument, the ink and the surface? I doubt her general writing preferences entered into it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Barry B. Gabay (March 22nd, 2021), BlkWhiteFilmPix (March 24th, 2021)

Thanks

I doubt anybody cares, except here.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ole Juul For This Useful Post:

Seattleite (March 19th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

I will not wear any watch other than a smart watch that has it's own independent SIM card and phone line. I'd have to be an utter fool not to do so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    I doubt anybody cares, except here.
    Plus One

Thanks

Lack of sophistication indeed! Graduate of Brown; Yale Ph.D. Instructor at Harvard & Berkeley. Dr. Yellen is the ONLY person in history to have headed the White House Council of Economic Advisors, the Federal Reserve, and the Treasury Department. What an unsophisticated individual.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry B. Gabay For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (March 24th, 2021), jar (March 23rd, 2021)

Thanks

Barry, you are equating education with sophistication and i was equating wearing a mechanical watch with sophistication. I made the assumption that folks who use fountain pens would be of the same mindset of those who wear mechanical watches.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Roe D Hym For This Useful Post:

Ole Juul (March 23rd, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Barry, you are equating education with sophistication and i was equating wearing a mechanical watch with sophistication. I made the assumption that folks who use fountain pens would be of the same mindset of those who wear mechanical watches.
    But some of us have moved on away from mechanical watches towards watches that are far more accurate and also perform functions mechanical watches could only dream of.