Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Vaccine question

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Re: Vaccine question

Reprimanded on Pentrace? Not that I am aware of. Unless you are referring to the misunderstanding around me posting some images from a Zoom conference during the COVID lockdown. Wasn't a reprimand though, so if you have evidence of something else let's see it. And I only have the one account there. What you perhaps don't appreciate is that Pentrace ties you to an account but doesn't insist you use the same name as a header for posts. I either use my member name (same as it was here when I started) or my real first name. Other's do the same from time to time.

I actually had a buyer on Pentrace but they offered too little. So I withdrew the sale. There's no mystery there, no hiding of anything, except in your mind.

Had a look at FPN, at YOUR posts. I note you are way more subdued there, and that's because your behaviour here would not stand scrutiny there and you would be banned tout de suite (that's French by the way, better get me banned for using non-English terms, again!). Having said that, you contribute as little of substance there as you do here. So at least you're consistently uninteresting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Had a look at FPN, at YOUR posts. I note you are way more subdued there, and that's because your behaviour here would not stand scrutiny there and you would be banned tout de suite (that's French by the way, better get me banned for using non-English terms, again!). Having said that, you contribute as little of substance there as you do here. So at least you're consistently uninteresting.
    Gosh yes, you're right. I mostly post about fountain pens there. (That would be stylo plume in French.)

Please don't worry that you find that sort of information uninteresting. There are lots of people who feel that way. Fountain pens are of interest to only a small number of people who, in the aggregate, make up a great community of hobbyists.

How about you?? Do you have a hobby?? Are you lucky enough to belong to such a great group of people? You should give it a try.........

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Pen people aren't so great. Look at you! (I could have named quite a few others there, but a cheap shot is a cheap shot, as you know better than me!). In reality they are just people with a specific interest, no better or worse than other people with specific interests. Using fountain pens doesn't speak to one's character.

Yes, I have a few hobbies. Had to give one up fairly recently due to age and failing fitness - I played a team sport at what we call a representative level. What you may perhaps call the state level. Played for two different regions in national competitions over a 15-year period. And of course, not all hobbies require engagement with other people.

Thanks

Americans are dying from the complications of "long Covid".
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/vsrr/vsrr025.pdf
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Thank Fauci. He paid for it.

Poll: More Than 7 in 10 Americans Favor Fauci Probe Into COVID-19 Origin

Wednesday, 14 December 2022 07:21 PM EST

A Rasmussen Reports poll from Wednesday reveals that more than two-thirds of the country would favor "a full-throated" investigation into the origin of the COVID-19 virus, along with the role Dr. Anthony Fauci — the White House's leading epidemiologist — might have played in the release of the coronavirus.

According to the survey, 72% said they agreed with Congress conducting a detailed investigation into the virus's starting point. They also believe Fauci should be called in to testify.

-snip-

Also from the poll findings, 40% believe Dr. Fauci did not tell the truth about the U.S. government either financing or conducting gain-of-function research in the Wuhan lab, when previously testifying before Congress.

Another 46% believe Fauci specifically lied about financing the research through grants made by the public health agencies he had been leading.
    The article gets one thing wrong though. Fauci isn't an epidemiologist.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Thank Fauci. He paid for it.

Wednesday, 14 December 2022 07:21 PM EST

A Rasmussen Reports poll from Wednesday reveals that more than two-thirds of the country would favor "a full-throated" investigation into the origin of the COVID-19 virus, along with the role Dr. Anthony Fauci — the White House's leading epidemiologist — might have played in the release of the coronavirus.

According to the survey, 72% said they agreed with Congress conducting a detailed investigation into the virus's starting point. They also believe Fauci should be called in to testify.

-snip-

Also from the poll findings, 40% believe Dr. Fauci did not tell the truth about the U.S. government either financing or conducting gain-of-function research in the Wuhan lab, when previously testifying before Congress.

Another 46% believe Fauci specifically lied about financing the research through grants made by the public health agencies he had been leading.
    The article gets one thing wrong though. Fauci isn't an epidemiologist.
    Ho Ho Ho!!
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

I just learned that conspiracy theorists said Grant Wahl died from Covid 19 vaccines. Then later, Damar Hamlin's accident was also blamed for the vaccines. Wow!!

I also learned Wahl has received death threats in the past.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Interesting news on Covid booster efficacy:

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...tudies-suggest

Thanks

Not surprised since flu vaccines frequently miss the variant for a particular year. It has been explained that even if the vaccine does not target a specific strain, passive immunity occurs.

I got a second booster in early August and plan to get another one next month if available.