Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine question

Thanks

Default Re: Vaccine question

I haven’t heard you make a reasonable reply to most of the discussions here. Most have you on their ignore list. At least a long time member recommended it early on. I read your posts ans found them unnecessarily close to a troll.

It’s not that you are stupid, but you are radicalized even if you don’t realize and it makes you do irrational things and then try to justify oddly.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,325 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I haven’t heard you make a reasonable reply to most of the discussions here. Most have you on their ignore list. At least a long time member recommended it early on. I read your posts ans found them unnecessarily close to a troll.

It’s not that you are stupid, but you are radicalized even if you don’t realize and it makes you do irrational things and then try to justify oddly.
    I am "radicalized". Just not the way you think.

I couldn't care less who ignores me and who doesn't. Actually, I'm usually the prime beneficiary because it's the unreasonable and zealous devotees to each side that tend to "ignore" me. Ideally they then wouldn't respond with their nonsense. Many, like you, like to parade around the "ignore" function, like a toddler holding out a pouty lip; and then never do it. You're as weak in your convictions as you are your reason. Hypocritical at best and a liar at worst. I just lump it all together and recognize that you are a superficial person. Most members of Woke-i-stan are. You're chained by a narrative.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post

I am "radicalized". Just not the way you think.

I couldn't care less who ignores me and who doesn't. Actually, I'm usually the prime beneficiary because it's the unreasonable and zealous devotees to each side that tend to "ignore" me. Ideally they then wouldn't respond with their nonsense. Many, like you, like to parade around the "ignore" function, like a toddler holding out a pouty lip; and then never do it. You're as weak in your convictions as you are your reason. Hypocritical at best and a liar at worst. I just lump it all together and recognize that you are a superficial person. Most members of Woke-i-stan are. You're chained by a narrative.
    Not really! Your just angry.

Thanks

Back on topic (sorry Chuck).

Interesting piece from National Review. For the international folks, it is an old-school conservative publication. It has also been pretty anti-Trump (e.g.: George Will). Point is, don't accept or dismiss it for what superficial reasons wokists or Trumpists will come up with.

The Bitter Truth: There’s Still No Rhyme or Reason to COVID-19

Israel, which has done everything that the loudest critics on the Left wanted America to do, is nevertheless stuck in the throes of a devastating surge. Israel has instituted repeated and draconian lockdowns (enforced by drone, no less); it has used nationwide mask mandates; it has vaccinated everyone early — and even added booster shots into the mix; and it has even instituted a system of vaccine passports. And, right now? Well, it’s getting crushed. Per NPR, despite becoming “the first country on Earth to fully vaccinate a majority of its citizens against COVID-19,” it now “has one of the world’s highest daily infection rates. . . . Nearly one in every 150 people in Israel today has the virus.” I wonder: Is Israel a Red State or a Blue State?
    and

Much as they would hate to hear this, it remains the case that the most vitriolic voices in our COVID debates are little more than glammed-up conspiracy theorists — the sort of narrow, monomaniacal, quackish people who, in an era not that far removed from our own, would have been selling leeches by the ton. The journalist David Aaronovitch argues that such people tend to fall back on their ideas because the volatility and complexity of the real world is simply too scary for them handle. It is much easier to believe that George W. Bush ordered 9/11 than to accept that America is vulnerable and life is unpredictable, because if George W. Bush ordered 9/11 you can prevent it from happening again by imprisoning him; whereas if 19 guys with box cutters carried out 9/11, it could probably happen again. So it is with COVID-19. It is much easier to believe that, if we put the people you like in charge of everything and make them say the right words on TV, the worst pandemic in a century will bend to their will than it is to accept that human beings are alarmingly susceptible to chaos.
    Last edited by dneal; August 31st, 2021 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks

Get a vaccine, wear a mask, and keep 6 feet apart. This has been a constant message for nearly two years

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (August 31st, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Get a vaccine, wear a mask, and keep 6 feet apart. This has been a constant message for nearly two years
    Yup. And of course it isn't a guarantee. It's a mitigation strategy. The article even says that vaccines work (in mitigation). I'm not sure what extreme claims this article is posturing itself in opposition to. Of course disease isn't political. And as with fighting fires, our efforts don't always work. But sometimes it does, and often enough it does to keep spending the sums and the effort to try.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

Shades of Orwell…

Thanks

Would it be reasonable for a goverment to implement restrictions on the basis of protecting it's citizens? Is there a precedent for doing so in the US Constitution?

If a person refuses these restrictions and it can be showed their behavior resulted in the dealth of another person who is underage and for which medical care, a vaccine, was not available? And if additionally ,the infecting person had the knowledge that hundreds of thousands of fellow citizens had become infected and died, but chose not to receive a vaccine and who was otherwise not failing into a group of people for which the vaccine was contraindicated?

Is it the responsibilty of a government to provide a response to information that is false or misleading as in the case of using a cattle wormer by some citizens to treat Covd-19?

When I think of restrictions to my freedoms, I think of where my freedom could possibly do harm to others or restrict their freedom. For example I am restricted from walking across the road and entering my neightbors house. Or, using their water source to water my plants?
    I see face masks as a reasonable request and not at all as resticting my freedoms just as I do with wearing a seat belt.

Schools systems require childhood vaccines, so vaccine requirements are nothing new. Some parents who home school I know chose not to have their children vaccinated. One mother told me she didn't vaccine her children and none of the four children had been harmed to which I suggested the reason was because the other families vaccinated their children. It has been shown that areas of the US with measles outbreaks to be in areas where vaccines were not used.

I was vaccinated against polio when I was a child. I never remember hearing it was a violation of my freedoms nor do I rememnber my parents compaining their were violated.

From a recent op-ed,
    "The nature of the scientific process during a pandemic, with its unrelenting influx of new data and constantly evolving understanding of it, makes health communication incredibly challenging. That reality, combined with botched messaging from public health agencies, has emboldened vaccine opponents."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/31/o...-movement.html

Anthony Fauci has been vilified as has the CDC, and other science based agencies.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; September 1st, 2021 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks

So obvious, even Joe Rogan questions it. Perhaps if you don't have the degree of skepticism of a dope-smoking 52 year-old comedian; you're even dumber than he is.

Thanks

There is no reason to be critical of Fauci. It was something Trump did and his minions picked up and promoted. Same as the Biden mental challenges. It is a well known tactic to repeat something often enough and human nature is to pick it up and start repeating.

I can tell what people listen to by what they repeat. It’s why cattle dewormers are killing people.

And, a person like me can be dumb, and yet not repeat or act accordingly to an oft repeated concept. I would be a poor candidate for a cult.

One cannot live their lives feeding their grievances. It makes them prey to people telling them what they want to think.

Thanks

I should just start repeating dneal is in a cult. Pretty soon others would start to believe it.
    Then I could sit back and have a good laugh. That said , you are in a cult and are unaware.

Thanks

Big Brother would be proud of your adherence to his message. You're safe from room 101.

--edit--

That video is from The Hill. They lean as much right as NPR does left. They're smack in the middle, according to any reasonable standard (here are the media charts discussed previously).

Basically you're saying I'm in a cult because I posted a video from one of the most reliable sources of news. Perhaps it's not me with the "cultish" tendencies. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by dneal; September 1st, 2021 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks

@dneal is in a cult.

Thanks

@dneal is in a cult.
    Your projection, in its simplest form.

Thanks

@dneal is in a cult.
    Just as your god does….lol!!

Thanks

@dneal is in a cult.
    Is there a term for old men that shout nonsense and then laugh maniacally?

Thanks

Don’t know, but when I read or hear people say what I know they heard from Trump or Fox, it tells me they are in a cult.

For example, they whine about Fauci, masks, vaccines, and suggest ivermectin. They also dislike Pence. It’s a pattern I’ve noticed over the past two years.

If your not in a cult, please demonstrate by posting some original thoughts.

Thanks

@dneal is in a cult.
    Critical thinker.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 599 Posts

Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

@dneal is in a cult.
    Critical thinker.
    Makes sense you would say that, since you don't know what that is either.

Here's a way you can find out. Watch that Hill video. If your gut reaction is to scream "TRUMPIANS!!!" (or "CULTISTS!!" or similar nonsense like we see from you here), you might be the crazy old guy shouting at strangers (and certainly not thinking critically).