Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vaccine question

Thanks

Default Re: Vaccine question

Nope... totally NOT meant for you... Herbguy understood my reference perfectly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Still unvaccinated here! Waited in line for an hour, only to be turned away with a bunch of other people today. Not enough vaccine again. Hope it works better than a Trabant, assuming I get there one day. Better weather on the way at least...

Thanks

Will not take it, even at gunpoint.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 578 Posts

The "gun" is more likely pointed at a more vulnerable individual than, perhaps, yourself. If someone is likely to die from your decision, isn't it more noble to sacrifice yourself?

But, no matter, we've got you covered. I got my second dose yesterday. I've felt pretty dumpy all day. You're welcome.

Thanks

My Trumpian friend will not get the vaccine. It is like mask wearing for him. It reminds me of the child who stomps their feet and refuses to be obedient. Or, the people in church who think the virus knows not to mess with them. Humans are complicated. That said, I learned something new this morning and it's called the Platinum Rule, or, treat others as they want to be treated. If you don't want it, don't take it.

Thanks

Decided to write up my experience with the mass medicine vaccination approach. Interesting experience...

https://deadreckoning1.wordpress.com...mass-medicine/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 578 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Bill View Post
    Decided to write up my experience with the mass medicine vaccination approach. Interesting experience...

https://deadreckoning1.wordpress.com...mass-medicine/
    Awesome writing, Bill. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I had very little side effects from Moderna shot #1, but after shot #2, I was in bed with chills and aches all day (the next day). I'm over 60, but not yet 65. Today I am much better. It came on quickly, and 30 hours later it left quickly. Small price to pay for helping out myself and the community. I am also a teacher, and we continue to have cases at school, and I regularly visit my 89 yr old mother, so....it just makes so much sense.

As a kid in the '60s , I can remember seeing so many older people still in polio leg braces. Vaccines aren't perfect, but they are nearly miraculous when seen in perspective of widespread disease.

By the way, that disclaimer from Pfizer just means that vaccines don't guarantee "prevention" of contraction of the virus. They aren't a Star-Trek-like defense shield, so they don't want people to misunderstand what a vaccine does (and then behave unwisely or sue them).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Brilliant Bill (Yesterday)

Thanks

Ooookay. A couple of my coworkers had "mild" COVID. When they finally returned to work, they said it suuuuuucked. As much as I want to rant and rave about herd immunity and selfish people and whatever, I won't do so. Well, I won't do so until these vaccines are no longer considered experimental by the FDA. When they are just more vaccines on the CDC schedules, just as measles and polio vaccines are on the CDC schedules, then I'll be quite happy to berate those who won't take the COVID shots. But until then, I'll just consider anti-COVID-vaxxers misguided.

Thanks

My second Moderna shot actually made my arm painful. But then, that may have been because my cat stood right on the injection site with both front paws, purring loudly. And concentrating all the weight of the universe on those two front paws, as cats do. Without that dubious feline "assistance", I don't know if I would have said that the injection site discomfort rose to the level of pain. Since I'd scheduled the second shot for the afternoon prior to one of my days off, I slept that entire next day. I usually sleep like that on my days off, so I couldn't tell you whether I felt awful or not. I was asleep.

Thanks

Trying again on the 19th. I made an appointment. Their system claims I'm an old man with a different middle initial on Medicare now, which is not even close. This is all news to me. My name is basically right in their system, as is my address and phone. But the age, middle initial, and being on Medicare... not even close. Nevertheless I've got an appointment for the 19th and will have to straighten out their bad information at that time. Hopefully they don't run out and turn half the people away again. But hey, I'm gaining experience reenacting appliance buying in the DDR.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    As a kid in the '60s , I can remember seeing so many older people still in polio leg braces. Vaccines aren't perfect, but they are nearly miraculous when seen in perspective of widespread disease.
    And all the TV shops with plots involving people in iron lungs.

Thanks

"Shows" not "shops"