Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine question

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Default Re: Vaccine question

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Felt worse after my booster than my initial series. Still was able to work and weight train but was more than just placebo effects.
    I am glad to here you chose to get the booster. I have a friend with long Covid who has suffered for months and has had several doctor office visits for testing. I don't want to have to spend the money on long Covid treatment and feeling bad. If it is anything like the tick bite I got in 2015, I want to avoid.
    Hospitals in my area are overrun with both Covid and other respiratory cases. In my local ICU, the Covid cases are all unvaxxed patients (spokesperson said on the news).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (December 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Felt worse after my booster than my initial series. Still was able to work and weight train but was more than just placebo effects.
    I am glad to here you chose to get the booster. I have a friend with long Covid who has suffered for months and has had several doctor office visits for testing. I don't want to have to spend the money on long Covid treatment and feeling bad. If it is anything like the tick bite I got in 2015, I want to avoid.
    Hospitals in my area are overrun with both Covid and other respiratory cases. In my local ICU, the Covid cases are all unvaxxed patients (spokesperson said on the news).
    Could there be pressure from friends and family not to get the vaccine? I mean, if you want to, but your friends and family are being vocal in not taking the vaccine, is this prevalent?

Thanks

Here's one of the craziest suggestions that I've heard in a while. Liberals can go batshit, too:

The Hill: A newspaper crosses an uncrossable line to 'punish' a class of Americans | TheHill.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...s-of-americans

Thanks

I've most likely contracted the Omicron variant from the children. After three days my symptoms are a sore throat, cough, and a combination of stopped up and running nose. My morning fever readings are also low as usual, around 96. Like Fauci said, we are all going to wind up with Omicron.

The reason I say "most likely" is because other family members tested positive with the same symptoms. We are fully vaccinated.

I am never for forced vaccination. I'd rather win that goal through an evidenced based approach, but it has been more difficult by misinformation and wanting to find a scape goat rather than being practical in accessing one's situation and making an informed consent.

I used to work for an end of life (hospice/palliative) agency. I encountered families who got angry and the very mention of the word. I was told hundreds of times by people they hoped they would never need hospice.

Anyway, whatever I have is starting pass. I've taken noting but an anti- inflammatory for the sore throat and some vitamin c I was given.

Thanks

Take care, Chuck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Take care, Chuck.
    Thank you, Ted. We are all doing well.

Thanks

I think for now, the vaccines have done their job in my situation. I still have some drainage, but no sore throat and just an occasional cough. More of a four day cold.

Thanks

All is back to normal. Vaccine did the job. Had a conversation with an anti COVID vaccine buddy. He said despite his efforts, he has not been able to get infected. He claimed to have some lab values that protect him. Hates masks. Loves Trump. Sound familiar? Also believes that if you use synthetic oil you can never go back. Probably also believes you can't mix nitrogen with air in your tires.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Glad you’re better, but you do realize the only vaccine evidence you have is that it didn’t vaccinate you.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I think for now, the vaccines have done their job in my situation. I still have some drainage, but no sore throat and just an occasional cough. More of a four day cold.
    Glad you're doing better, Chuck.

Thanks

I try to not think about the number of Americans dying daily and the number of people deciding not to vaccinate or at minimum, stay apart or mask.

Thanks

I try to not think about the number of Americans dying daily and the number of people deciding not to vaccinate or at minimum, stay apart or mask.
    Clearly you haven't had success with that.

Thanks

1300 per day dying of Covid

Thanks

900,000 dead.

If you've chosen to not get a vaccine, please also decide to not take up space in the ICU wards.

Thanks

You're going to get Covid anyway. The prophet Fauci said so. Remember?

Thanks

1300 per day dying of Covid
    Hopefully this number is falling now. I actually have not checked recently, but cases in my area are falling. My local hospital has been full, but I did hear that it eased up a little this past week. We'll see.

Thanks

NYT reports 7-day average deaths at 2600. Still high. Predictions were that hospitalizations would peak in Feb, so will see. Stay well, everyone. Get your shots, use your masks, and practice good hygiene. We are still doing all of this at my school. Our case numbers have peaked already and have been on the decline (only 2 positive cases yesterday out of 700 tests...not bad!). Currently no positive cases in my mother's nursing home...yay!

Thanks

Good news about your Mom.

Thanks

"There is a largely unacknowledged moment in critical care when doctors and nurses shift from caring for the patients in front of us to caring for their loved ones. Often these two aims are not inconsistent: Even when family members like these are not ready to stop life-prolonging interventions or ask for a treatment that is unlikely to work, they are speaking on behalf of the patient. But increasingly I wonder if it is possible to go too far to accommodate family. When a patient is at the end of life, what is our responsibility to those who will be left behind?

On another recent shift, I received a call from a colleague at a different hospital. He was caring for a patient in his 60s with severe respiratory failure after a coronavirus infection. The patient’s family was desperate for him to be transferred to our hospital, a larger institution with greater resources. But intensive care unit beds were a scarce resource, and there was no clear medical reason for the transfer. His team had already done everything that we would do, and the simple act of transferring someone so sick could be catastrophic. I was the critical care doctor on call, charged with accepting transfer requests, and it would have been easy to say no. But then there was the matter of his family."

Something for you anti vaccine folks to consider from those in the ICU.

Thanks

Yes. Now consider that if Fauci hadn't funded gain of function research for bat corona viruses, and lied about it repeatedly; we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. If he hadn't lied about cloth masks and "if you get the vaccine you won't get covid", those folks who were and are infected with Omicron might have not been wandering around ignorant in their blissful but mistaken security.

Something for you Fauci-ites to think about when you consider the deaths from covid and those in the ICU.

In more recent news, Fauci's lockdown strategy did nothing. Maybe we should have listened to those "fringe" epidemiologists instead...

Johns Hopkins study

While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument.