Thread: ITV "Unforgotten" features man killed by fountain pen 35 years ago!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 Times in 2,747 Posts

Default ITV "Unforgotten" features man killed by fountain pen 35 years ago!

We're watching the latest series of ITV's 'Unforgotten" and when we watched episode 5 from Monday evening we were surprised to find that the man who was killed 35 years ago was killed by being stabbed by a fountain pen.
    They even mocked up an online picture of a non-existent fountain pen brand to show what type of pen it was. On the mock up there was a pen that looked similar to a Parker Sonnet. The actual pen that was 35 years old and was found embedded in the man's skull that had been frozen for many years, then thawed out, looks like something in between a Parker and a Waterman but is difficult to pinpoint.

Anyone else see it and have any ideas? https://www.itv.com/hub/unforgotten/2a3372a0023
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

eachan (March 24th, 2021), Morgaine (March 26th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,429 Times in 1,907 Posts

Default Re: ITV "Unforgotten" features man killed by fountain pen 35 years ago!

As a result of public outcry, there's a bill pending in Commons requiring all fountain pens be registered, and large capacity pens banned outright.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 26th, 2021), Ole Juul (March 26th, 2021), Stands on Feet (March 24th, 2021), TFarnon (April 25th, 2021)

Thanks

Well, as someone who hadn't watched this week's episode yet, that was a bit of a spoiler....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Well, as someone who hadn't watched this week's episode yet, that was a bit of a spoiler....
    Oh I'm so sorry. We didn't watch it until last night either. But at least you knew from last week's episode that he had been stabbed in the head by something that was sharp and pointed.
    Death by fountain pen is a tad unusual though. Didn't bend the nib at all....

Thanks

[QUOTE=Chrissy
    Didn't bend the nib at all....[/QUOTE]

Oh thank goodness for that!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eachan For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 24th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Oh I'm so sorry. We didn't watch it until last night either. But at least you knew from last week's episode that he had been stabbed in the head by something that was sharp and pointed.
    Death by fountain pen is a tad unusual though. Didn't bend the nib at all....
    Don't be sorry - my mother would have blabbed anyway! I try to save these to watch a couple at a time as I like the series so much and find it curiously unsatisfying to only watch one episode. I suppose we've go so used to binge-watching series now that I'm not good at waiting for next week's instalment.

Thanks

I know what you mean. It seems like it'a only just started to get really interesting and it's the last one in the series next week....

Thanks

When fountain pens are outlawed only outlaws will have fountain pens.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 26th, 2021)

Thanks

Whomever did it was not a pen person. Wouldn't happen.... their first thought would be, "WHAT, risk ruining my nib??"

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Z For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 26th, 2021), Ole Juul (March 26th, 2021), TFarnon (April 25th, 2021)

Thanks

Well, he was a numbskull.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Well, he was a numbskull.
    He definitely was after the pen went into his skull and stayed there for 35 years while he was in a freezer.

Thanks

Maybe it is only safe to carry soft and flexible nibs, not firm or hard, and delicious wet noodles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Radonactionservices For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 26th, 2021)

Thanks

Whomever did it was not a pen person. Wouldn't happen.... their first thought would be, "WHAT, risk ruining my nib??"
    haha, true
    also, imagine the sheer blunt force you need to use to get a pen into someone's skull
    people got hit by a flying rock in a size of a ball and skull still wont be penetrated
    You will find a good 200 dollar loan offers at https://directloantransfer.com/200-dollar-loan/ Directloantransfear are the best when it comes to find a good lender

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Z View Post
    Indeed. Especially as this particular pen turned out to be a very valuable, numbered and very low limited edition of a pen that was worth approximately 4000 some 30 odd years ago. The store even found the details of the buyer and in providing them to the police solved the case. No-one we all know would use such a valuable pen like that was meant to be, as a murder weapon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samlarsoonn View Post
    haha, true
    also, imagine the sheer blunt force you need to use to get a pen into someone's skull
    people got hit by a flying rock in a size of a ball and skull still wont be penetrated
    Will post No. 13 be edited in two days to add a spam link?