Thread: JinHao 992 review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default JinHao 992 review

This is not a pen you would give to someone you want to impress. It’s cheap and looks it. I paid $2.37 for mine with free shipping. I was just curious.

It’s a standard cigar shape, mostly shiny plastic except for the metal band and clip. Mine already shows some minor scuffs. There was even a tiny bump on the side of the cap. The grip has obvious mold seams. The end of the barrel has a funny shaped knob that looks out of place.

The cap was very scrunchy and hard to screw and unscrew. I’ve never run into this before. It’s OK now after working with it for a while and applying a touch of Chapstick for lube. It posts well.

The nib is the same fine number 5 as my JinHao 51a, 200, and 599A. Alignment was OK, but it wrote very dry until I opened it up using shims. After a little smoothing, it writes nicely.

It’s very light and comfortable to hold. Functionally, it compares well with my more expensive 200 and 51A. So, if you want a pen that you don’t have to worry about someone stealing, here you go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Parsimonious For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (March 31st, 2021)