Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebonite vs. Acrylic Resin in Santini pens

Thanks

Default Re: Ebonite vs. Acrylic Resin in Santini pens

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr259 View Post
    How's the Santini after 5 months? I got the same pen and nib as you but in the bronze mid 2020 and it's probably my favourite pen, definitely top 3. Mine's very wet for a fine, maybe due to the bounce of the flexy nib so the line is maybe more of a medium at times but that's ok. I don't feel it flexes much but it's definitely soft and bouncy.
    I like this pen (Libra Cumberland Gold) very much and use it whenever I can. I can't say it's my favorite because I like every one of my 10 pens in rotation. Each has its own personality and is different than the others. The Santini definitely looks different than the others.

The F flexy nib is a little bit disappointing. With very little pressure, the stroke seems more like a Medium than a Fine. Also, it doesn't spring back from flex very quickly. Otherwise, I love this pen. As Zephyr259 says, the nib feels soft and bouncy. The size of the pen is perfect.
    Dan Kalish

Fountain Pens: Pelikan Souveran M805, Santini Libra Cumberland Gold ebonite, Waterman Expert II, Waterman Phileas, Waterman Kultur, Stipula Splash, Sheaffer Sagaris, Sheaffer Prelude, Osmiroid 65, FPR Guru

Thanks
    Thanked 9,192 Times in 3,403 Posts

Default Re: Ebonite vs. Acrylic Resin in Santini pens

This may be a somewhat odd place to put it, but after reading about these pens for a few months I decided to get serious about the Cumberland/bronze model, only to find out (and confirm with Katrina) that the run of 33 pens is sold out.

So if anyone has a Libra Cumberland in bronze/rose gold that isn't making them happy, let me know.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin