Thread: Hi from Chicago!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Hi from Chicago!

Thank you for letting me join this group! I stuck a toe in the fountain pen water 25 years ago, but then a move to Chicago from Texas for a demanding job was a distraction and I didn't jump back in until last February. I bought a pen for my brother for Valentine's Day and then a cute mint Kaweco for me, and I've fallen hard! Then came lockdown in March (which is still going on) and a two-month furlough from work and I found myself doing all the newbie things--buying lots of pens and ink, etc. But it's been fun and I'm enjoying handwriting again.

I'm learning so much from all the posts here and am so grateful. I don't think I'm going to be able to offer anything knowledge-wise, but I'll try to post ink reviews instead.

Have been dying to go to a pen show, and am hoping for a vaccination and that I can go to the Chicago show in the fall.

I'm still going crazy for Kaweco, as I have small hands, and for the same reason I'm enjoying some vintage pens. I found a beautiful Waterman 513 in a striated honey celluloid with a cursive italic nib and am thrilled with it.

PS One reason I wanted to get back into fountain pens is partly because I hated using and discarding felt-tip pens and such at work. Was hoping to reduce plastic waste. I have bought some cartridges, but I flush and reuse them by syringing in bottled ink. And the Kaweco highlighter has been great for that reason.
    waterman 513.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to damfino For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (April 10th, 2021)