Nice work. One of your "problems" with street photography is a big DSLR. You can't be invisible. People see a big pro camera and the instantly want to know why you're taking "professional" pics -- especially if the lens is aimed their way. I fought that for years using a 5D. Switching to a small Fuji mirrorless made a huge difference; people don't even see me. Up close I can use a totally silent shutter so they don't even have to know a pic was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by mathogre View Post

One of my pre-pandemic hobbies was street photography. I would do street photography in DC as it it next door to me, as well as in NYC. NYC was the best. No one cared, and it was a cool city to do anything you want. What I noticed on a fairly recent trip to Southern California, barely pre-pandemic, was that Southern Californians are in contrast paranoid of photographers. Street photography in my limited experience out there is Not A Thing. I got more than noticed for taking some street shots and got a considerable amount of Official Attention at one point. I've gotten "attention" here on the east coast, and while armed official attention in a couple cases, those people were actually overall chill. I'm often clueless, so it wasn't as if I was trying to push someone's limits; it just happened. SoCal was decidedly not chill.