Thread: Shipping time

Thanks

Default Shipping time

How long does it take for a pen shipped by UPS from Italy to New York?

Katrina Santini tells me that the Libra Cumberland ebonite I ordered will be ready on Friday, April 16. When can I expect to receive it? 5 days later? A month later?

I'm so excited... Is the expression "I'm so excited, I feel like I'm having a baby?"
    Dan Kalish

Fountain Pens: Pelikan Souveran M805, Pelikan Petrol-Marbled M205, Santini Libra Cumberland Gold ebonite, Waterman Expert II, Waterman Phileas, Waterman Kultur, Stipula Splash, Sheaffer Sagaris, Sheaffer Prelude, Osmiroid 65

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: Shipping time

I would anticipate that under normal circumstances UPS shipping would take about 5-7 days to get something to US Customs. After that the coin is in the air....
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

DHL is usually 5 days from Italy to WA State. Italian Post is 10 days.

Thanks

Got it! It took 3 days over the weekend, meaning one business day.
    Dan Kalish

Fountain Pens: Pelikan Souveran M805, Pelikan Petrol-Marbled M205, Santini Libra Cumberland Gold ebonite, Waterman Expert II, Waterman Phileas, Waterman Kultur, Stipula Splash, Sheaffer Sagaris, Sheaffer Prelude, Osmiroid 65

Thanks

So how’s your pen?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    So how’s your pen?
    Please see my post made today, in the FPN forum thread Ebonite vs. Acrylic Resin in Santini pens. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/f...omment-4425557
    Dan Kalish

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

That is a beautiful pen. I'm very envious.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaliuzhkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    So how’s your pen?
    Please see my post made today, in the FPN forum thread Ebonite vs. Acrylic Resin in Santini pens. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/f...omment-4425557
    I think many folks here would rather not go over to That Other Place and some can’t.

I’ll post something here when mine comes in.

Enjoy.

Thanks

Okay

The ebonite Santini Libra Cumberland Gold fountain pen arrived in record time. It was shipped to me on Friday, April 16 and delivered on Monday, April 19, three days later. That was one business day. I ordered the pen on April 5, so it took 9 business days to completely manufacture the pen.

There was a hitch in ordering the pen. I wanted to charge it on my credit card. Instead, it was initially paid for partially with my PayPal balance and the rest with the credit card. Katrina said that could only be rectified by cancelling the order and submitting a new order. I cancelled the order on April 5 but could not make payment for several days because it took that long for the refund to be processed. Katrina told me that Santini would start making the pen on April 5 even though they did not yet have my payment. That was very generous of them.

The packaging was very pleasant. It was like a Russian doll. Each box had within it another box wrapped in black tissue paper. The outermost box was tied in a ribbon.

Note that Santini manually tested the pen by writing with it. They provided the results of that writing.

I haven’t had the pen long enough to write a complete review, but can give my initial impressions.

The pen is gorgeous and doesn’t look anything like my other 10 fountain pens. It is oversized, which I like. It is actually wider and longer than my Pelikan M805 pen.

It has a flex nib, and feels soft. I expect that this nib will take getting used to. Writing with no pressure feels good and produces a fine line. Writing with more pressure produces a thicker line. It does railroad while drawing a fifth line of about 5 ½” each.

I look forward to using this pen more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dan Kalish

Thanks

Thanks!

My Libra Honey arrived today. The shipping notice came Monday. but as far as i can tell, it was really dispatched on the 21st, yesterday. So overnight from Italy. Kind of amazing. We are pretty close to the airport in Newark where my pen arrived via Köln; it’s just across the bay from us and we can see the planes descending on their final approach. That can’t hurt delivery time. At any rate, i’ll file a report for everyone after giving it a spin.