Thread: WTB Lamy 2000 Rollerball

Thanks

Default WTB Lamy 2000 Rollerball

Looking for a Lamy 2000 Rollerball that will accept Pilot G2/Juice refills. I have one L2K rollerball, but it is the model that will not accept the G2 refills. It is my understanding that there are versions that do accept the G2 and some that do not. If you have one that does, please send me a message. Thanks!

Thanks

Default Re: WTB Lamy 2000 Rollerball

That is interesting -- I did not know that L2K had two different models with this subtle difference. Do you know how Lamy distunguishes them? Model num or some other thing?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I don't know that they have two distinct models. I have read different threads and it seems there was a change somewhere along the way. All I know is that my pen will not accept G2 refills and I have read that there are ones that will.

Thanks

Hi, just tried to fit the G2 Pilot refill into my newly ordered L2K RB, fits nicely. in comparison to Lamy refill Pilot G2 is a bit to short, therefore, i cut a small part of fiber (dried antibacterial) napkin and put it into the end cap of the L2K. I had to put 2 more small napkin pieces in order for the end cap to be able to close very snuggly. Now works perfectly. The front of the G2 fit the metal tip of the L2K just right. Try yours.

for the reference I bought my L2K a month ago new from Appelboom.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Denizzz For This Useful Post:

Robert (April 18th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denizzz View Post
    Hi, just tried to fit the G2 Pilot refill into my newly ordered L2K RB, fits nicely. in comparison to Lamy refill Pilot G2 is a bit to short, therefore, i cut a small part of fiber (dried antibacterial) napkin and put it into the end cap of the L2K. I had to put 2 more small napkin pieces in order for the end cap to be able to close very snuggly. Now works perfectly. The front of the G2 fit the metal tip of the L2K just right. Try yours.

Interesting. Mine may have just been an off batch or something. I might just have to spring for a new one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Cavitt View Post

Interesting. Mine may have just been an off batch or something. I might just have to spring for a new one.

Quick question -- in your original post, you mentioned that your 2K does not take G2 rollerball refill ... is the G2 refill too short or too big?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tadamonoron View Post

Quick question -- in your original post, you mentioned that your 2K does not take G2 rollerball refill ... is the G2 refill too short or too big?

The pilot G2 refill is too short, otherwise perfect fit, This is why i have used some napkins in the back cap.

Thanks

Too big in the sense that the tip of the refill will not extend through the end of the pen. It has nothing to do with the length of the refill. I understand that a spacer is needed. It is like there is some sort of ring in the tip of the cone and the lip on the G2 refill will not get past it.

Thanks

Too big in the sense that the tip of the refill will not extend through the end of the pen. It has nothing to do with the length of the refill. I understand that a spacer is needed. It is like there is some sort of ring in the tip of the cone and the lip on the G2 refill will not get past it.
    That is indeed strange -- my Lamy 2K has the opposite problem: for Energel cone-tipped refills it a bit wobbly (not snug enough like the original Lamy refill), and the Uniball cone-tipped refill is a bit mor wobbly than that. I dont have/use G2 refill handy to
    test it.