Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ecclesiastical Stationary Supplies Registrars Ink (ESSRI) - particulate matter

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: Ecclesiastical Stationary Supplies Registrars Ink (ESSRI) - particulate matter

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Anyway, Ecclesiastical clumped up and clogged. Pray for my pen.
    Have you ever had the nib and feed out Fred? Can you brush all of the channels clean with pen flush or Rapidoeze?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: Ecclesiastical Stationary Supplies Registrars Ink (ESSRI) - particulate matter

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Anyway, Ecclesiastical clumped up and clogged. Pray for my pen.
    Have you ever had the nib and feed out Fred? Can you brush all of the channels clean with pen flush or Rapidoeze?
    I've run the nib and feed through the ultrasonic, still in the collar, but I'll be separating them for the next cleaning.

Thanks

Received an email from Pauline over at ESSRI. She said the ink had been posted by Royal Mail and is enroute. So apparently they keep communications to a minimum, but ESSRI is still in business. Now I just have to rummage around for some empty glass ink bottles to transfer it into.

Thanks for the information about the ESSRI ink, FredRyder. I guess it has a short shelf life?

Note from Pauline: "In reply to your email, regarding registrars ink,I tell people that this ink has a life span of about two years once the bottle has been opened and exposed to air, when you receive the ink, there will be a note on the bottom of the invoice, telling you about the ink, and how to store it.
    When it is no more advisable to use you will see that the colour of the ink begins to fade, and not quite so dark."
    Last edited by Nexus; April 26th, 2021 at 11:19 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nexus For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (April 26th, 2021)

Thanks

Thank goodness you can get them out. I've never removed a nib and feed from any of my Montblanc pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Thank goodness you can get them out. I've never removed a nib and feed from any of my Montblanc pens.
    Francis made a set of tools for me years ago for complete disassembly of vintage and modern, celluloid and resin 149s, as well as 146es and 144s.

Thanks

Francis made a set of tools for me years ago for complete disassembly of vintage and modern, celluloid and resin 149s, as well as 146es and 144s.
    I'm envious. I once asked him if he could make me some and he advised me he no longer makes them. Boo.