Thread: Ecclesiastical Stationary Supplies Registrars Ink (ESSRI) - particulate matter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,444 Times in 2,523 Posts

Default Ecclesiastical Stationary Supplies Registrars Ink (ESSRI) - particulate matter

An FYI on ESSRI:

I like having a specific pen filled with permanent ink for signing checks and documents, and for that purpose, my circa '75 146 has for a decade been filled with old-style Montblanc blue-black iron gall ink (50ml bottle "MBBB"). I recently compared the color to Registrars iron gall ink from Ecclesiastical Stationary Supplies (ESSRI) and after a flush, I switched. The pen clogged. I decanted the ~10-year-old 110ml bottle, and only then saw the precipitate. The third photo is after a rinse.

In another thread, it was suggested there are expiration dates for ESSRI. If so, it is a recent addition; my bottle lacks a date. I was unable to find online an ESSRI expiration caution.

Old MBBB seems to withstand the passage of time well, even after having been opened years ago, while ESSRI isn't so forgiving, and my old 146 tolerates MBBB with only occasional flushes. Meanwhile, I need to establish some sort of ink routine to examine contents of all my ink bottles and dispose of ink that looks lumpy, crunchy or otherwise suspicious before filling my pens.

(I've reposted these photos as a new thread; they were buried in an ink comparison discussion.)

IMG_3826.jpegIMG_3825.jpegIMG_3827.jpeg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (April 25th, 2021)