Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

  1. #1
    Junior Member Inkpenlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 47 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    I love this pen, one of my favorite pens. I reviewed it too in my last post.

    Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inkpenlover For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (April 27th, 2021), Lloyd (May 3rd, 2021), peace (May 25th, 2021), Yazeh (August 1st, 2021)

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Nice, I've been looking at an opus 88, I'm wondering if they have a piston filler

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to noahs_ark For This Useful Post:

    Inkpenlover (May 8th, 2021)

  5. #3
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,777
    Thanks
    6,543
    Thanked 9,284 Times in 3,429 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by noahs_ark View Post
    Nice, I've been looking at an opus 88, I'm wondering if they have a piston filler
    Don't quote me, but I'm pretty certain their pens are all eyedropper design.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (May 8th, 2021), Inkpenlover (May 8th, 2021)

  7. #4
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,923
    Thanks
    605
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 590 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noahs_ark View Post
    Nice, I've been looking at an opus 88, I'm wondering if they have a piston filler
    Don't quote me, but I'm pretty certain their pens are all eyedropper design.
    They're all so-called Japanese eyedroppers - so they're filled directly by pipette or syringe (rather than drawing ink through the section), but have a shutoff valve to stop the flow problems and burping that can be associated with regular eyedroppers. This also allows the ink chamber to be shut off completely for travel etc, and to control flow.

    I like them very much, and have four of them (oops). They're perfect for whenever you need high ink capacity for wide nibs or flex.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

    Lloyd (May 8th, 2021)

  9. #5
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,668
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 595 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I like them very much, and have four of them (oops). They're perfect for whenever you need high ink capacity for wide nibs or flex.
    They have flex nibs?

  10. #6
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 543 Times in 273 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Oh no, you can customize them with any Jowo-compatible Flex Nib unit.
    I have the "Secretary of De Flex" nib unit in mine.
    It's amazing!!
    Pen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-016.jpg
    Secretary of de flex -1.jpg
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    Lloyd (May 8th, 2021), peace (September 29th, 2021), Robert (May 8th, 2021)

  12. #7
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,668
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 595 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Wow! That's some flex!

  13. #8
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 543 Times in 273 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Wow! That's some flex!
    Yeah, this thing is absolutely amazing. All the stupid FPR flex nibs that I spent months of time and mountains of stress/frustration modifying for increased flex...
    I could have just saved the money, stress and pain and bought one of these.
    It, LITERALLY, cost a fraction of the money and time I spent trying to do it myself.
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

  14. #9
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,668
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 595 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Wow! That's some flex!
    Yeah, this thing is absolutely amazing. All the stupid FPR flex nibs that I spent months of time and mountains of stress/frustration modifying for increased flex...
    I could have just saved the money, stress and pain and bought one of these.
    It, LITERALLY, cost a fraction of the money and time I spent trying to do it myself.
    That must have a lot of FPR ultra flex nibs.....
    Still that nib unit is more expensive than the pen itself... or did I get it wrong somehow.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    amk (July 11th, 2021), Detman101 (May 8th, 2021)

  16. #10
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 543 Times in 273 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Wow! That's some flex!
    Yeah, this thing is absolutely amazing. All the stupid FPR flex nibs that I spent months of time and mountains of stress/frustration modifying for increased flex...
    I could have just saved the money, stress and pain and bought one of these.
    It, LITERALLY, cost a fraction of the money and time I spent trying to do it myself.
    That must have a lot of FPR ultra flex nibs.....
    Still that nib unit is more expensive than the pen itself... or did I get it wrong somehow.
    Oh no, you're correct. I spent an obscene amount of money trying to make the perfect flex nib from pre-made items...most failures, some successes.
    The SODF nib unit does cost more than I paid for the Opus-88Demo pen...But still, the SODF nib is sooo worth it.
    It does everything I needed, and I can do so much more when I do not require 2 pens to do it.
    El Drytch.JPG
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (May 8th, 2021)

  18. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Oh no, you can customize them with any Jowo-compatible Flex Nib unit.
    I have the "Secretary of De Flex" nib unit in mine.
    It's amazing!!
    Pen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-016.jpg
    Secretary of de flex -1.jpg
    Detman, I have said this before but I will say it again-that is beautiful! May I ask which NIB? Is it an EF or 1.1? And it looks like you got the gold plated as well. I took a look at the website and it is saying 4 weeks lead time. Did you have to wait 4 weeks?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to whorne For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (May 9th, 2021)

  20. #12
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 543 Times in 273 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by whorne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Oh no, you can customize them with any Jowo-compatible Flex Nib unit.
    I have the "Secretary of De Flex" nib unit in mine.
    It's amazing!!
    Pen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-016.jpg
    Secretary of de flex -1.jpg
    Detman, I have said this before but I will say it again-that is beautiful! May I ask which NIB? Is it an EF or 1.1? And it looks like you got the gold plated as well. I took a look at the website and it is saying 4 weeks lead time. Did you have to wait 4 weeks?
    For my first one, I got the EF version. It's magnificent!!!
    I'm buying the 1.1 stub unit next month, can't wait!!
    I did indeed have to wait exactly one month from order to doorstep for the nib. It was worth the wait...sooooo worth the wait.

    I have seen someone else's stub-SODF nib and it's absolutely amazing...where's that pic at....oh!
    Here it is! Check these out!!
    Pen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-023.jpgPen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-025.jpg
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (August 1st, 2021)

  22. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whorne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Oh no, you can customize them with any Jowo-compatible Flex Nib unit.
    I have the "Secretary of De Flex" nib unit in mine.
    It's amazing!!
    Pen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-016.jpg
    Secretary of de flex -1.jpg
    Detman, I have said this before but I will say it again-that is beautiful! May I ask which NIB? Is it an EF or 1.1? And it looks like you got the gold plated as well. I took a look at the website and it is saying 4 weeks lead time. Did you have to wait 4 weeks?
    For my first one, I got the EF version. It's magnificent!!!
    I'm buying the 1.1 stub unit next month, can't wait!!
    I did indeed have to wait exactly one month from order to doorstep for the nib. It was worth the wait...sooooo worth the wait.

    I have seen someone else's stub-SODF nib and it's absolutely amazing...where's that pic at....oh!
    Here it is! Check these out!!
    Pen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-023.jpgPen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-025.jpg
    Thanks for the confirmation. I am thinking of going with the EF as well. Was it easy to swap out on the OPUS 88?

    The 1.1 looks amazing as well. Please let us know how you like it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Oh my !!! You got there an incredible flex with that nib !!
    Thanks for posting.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to peace For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (May 25th, 2021)

  25. #15
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 543 Times in 273 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by whorne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whorne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Oh no, you can customize them with any Jowo-compatible Flex Nib unit.
    I have the "Secretary of De Flex" nib unit in mine.
    It's amazing!!
    Pen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-016.jpg
    Secretary of de flex -1.jpg
    Detman, I have said this before but I will say it again-that is beautiful! May I ask which NIB? Is it an EF or 1.1? And it looks like you got the gold plated as well. I took a look at the website and it is saying 4 weeks lead time. Did you have to wait 4 weeks?
    For my first one, I got the EF version. It's magnificent!!!
    I'm buying the 1.1 stub unit next month, can't wait!!
    I did indeed have to wait exactly one month from order to doorstep for the nib. It was worth the wait...sooooo worth the wait.

    I have seen someone else's stub-SODF nib and it's absolutely amazing...where's that pic at....oh!
    Here it is! Check these out!!
    Pen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-023.jpgPen Realm - Secretary of De Flex-025.jpg
    Thanks for the confirmation. I am thinking of going with the EF as well. Was it easy to swap out on the OPUS 88?

    The 1.1 looks amazing as well. Please let us know how you like it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    It was so easy to swap out.
    Simply unscrew the Stock Opus-88 nib unit...then screw in the SODF nib unit.
    Done in 10 seconds.
    I can't wait for the 1.1 unit to arrive...that's going to be sooooo much fun!
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

  26. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 27 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    One of my favorites too! I've got two, use them both often, especially for long sessions. I used to think that I didn't like pens this big, but the Opus 88 taught me that it was really the weight of some pens that wasn't working for me. Both stock nibs wrote well out of the box. And they have amazing customer service--the shutoff valve knob broke off one of mine through no fault of the pen, and I wrote them to ask if I could buy a new barrel, and they sent one to me for free.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkesey For This Useful Post:

    Lloyd (July 10th, 2021), Robert (July 10th, 2021)

  28. #17
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,668
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 595 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post

    I can't wait for the 1.1 unit to arrive...that's going to be sooooo much fun!
    Did you get your stub flex
    In the end?

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (August 2nd, 2021)

  30. #18
    Senior Member Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 154 Times in 92 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post

    I can't wait for the 1.1 unit to arrive...that's going to be sooooo much fun!
    Did you get your stub flex
    In the end?
    I hope not... it would hurt as well as damage the tines.

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (August 2nd, 2021), Wile E Coyote (August 2nd, 2021), Yazeh (August 2nd, 2021)

  32. #19
    Senior Member Detman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost...help.
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 543 Times in 273 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post

    I can't wait for the 1.1 unit to arrive...that's going to be sooooo much fun!
    Did you get your stub flex
    In the end?
    No, not yet. My son's gaming pc died so I donated the last 2 months of my fun money towards his new rig build.
    Now it's vacation time and after that, Subwoofer & Amp for the truck....so it's looking like November before I'll actually place the order.

    Lol @lloyd ....hehe
    Last edited by Detman101; August 2nd, 2021 at 03:33 PM.
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (August 2nd, 2021)

  34. #20
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,668
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 595 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: A Very beautiful pen made in Taiwan! Ice effect looks so so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post

    I can't wait for the 1.1 unit to arrive...that's going to be sooooo much fun!
    Did you get your stub flex
    In the end?
    No, not yet. My son's gaming pc died so I donated the last 2 months of my fun money towards his new rig build.
    Now it's vacation time and after that, Subwoofer & Amp for the truck....so it's looking like November before I'll actually place the order.
    The sacrifices we make....

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    Detman101 (August 2nd, 2021)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •