Thread: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

Thanks

Thumbs up A Word for the Wing Sung 601

Lousy image not up to my usual standards, but the phone is more convenient.

About a year ago I tried one of these Wing Sung 601 pens, obviously a Parker 51 redux. I liked it and found it a serviceable pen for any day use. I could leave it a couple of weeks and it still flowed perfectly. It's an easy fill and not a terrible cleanout. However I'm not doing much cleanout since they only cost $20, and I can dedicate a single ink to them. I put Aurora Blue-Black in the blue one and Noodles Lexington Gray in the gray one. These are premium inks that have never caused me any trouble; so I don't know how other inks would perform. I just ordered another one, a Wine Red to use with Bungu Box Clown Teardrop. These are the 2019 models and have "jewels" at both ends. They also have a convenient ink window. They come well packaged, even including a touch of silicone for future lubrication. They come in the following colors:

Wine Red, Lake Blue, Coco, Black, Blue-Green and Battleship Gray

Here's a link to the Amazon page for them...

https://www.amazon.com/Version-Vacum...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Default Re: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

I have a couple of these, and I have to admit, I like them a lot. The filling mechanism is excellent, the ink window is a brilliant addition, and they're incredibly easy to clean.

The nibs are, IMO only OK, but I've done some work on them and they're more than good enough for everyday use - particularly the one I've stubbed. I love that I have no qualms with using them for inks I might not want to use in a more 'precious' pen. I will definitely get a couple more - the army green in particular looks a great colour.

I think they're a far better pen than the 'new' P51 at a fraction of the price.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 797 Posts

I've read so many good things about this pen that I finally caved in and bought a flighter model. Still waiting for it to arrive from China.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I have a couple of these, and I have to admit, I like them a lot. The filling mechanism is excellent, the ink window is a brilliant addition, and they're incredibly easy to clean.

The nibs are, IMO only OK, but I've done some work on them and they're more than good enough for everyday use - particularly the one I've stubbed. I love that I have no qualms with using them for inks I might not want to use in a more 'precious' pen. I will definitely get a couple more - the army green in particular looks a great colour.

I think they're a far better pen than the 'new' P51 at a fraction of the price.
    The Army Green is really dark. At least mine is. But they are NICE writers, easy-cleaning as you say, and I never did a thing to the nibs.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post

The Army Green is really dark. At least mine is. But they are NICE writers, easy-cleaning as you say, and I never did a thing to the nibs.
    Perfect! I'm always on the lookout for a good host for my murkiest of green inks!

I only played around with the nibs because I wanted one a fair bit wider (and it stubbed really pretty well), and another a little finer. The one I left alone is just fine, but I might end up widening it a bit as it's on the coco version and I want to use it with some of my lightest browns, which aren't great in fine nibs.

I'm toying with modifying a spare p51 nib to fit just for the hell of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post

Perfect! I'm always on the lookout for a good host for my murkiest of green inks!

I only played around with the nibs because I wanted one a fair bit wider (and it stubbed really pretty well), and another a little finer. The one I left alone is just fine, but I might end up widening it a bit as it's on the coco version and I want to use it with some of my lightest browns, which aren't great in fine nibs.

I'm toying with modifying a spare p51 nib to fit just for the hell of it.
    Then you'll probably like the Army Green! Mine is the 601-A, with the conical nib, but the 'vac' and all are the same. I also have one in black. And the regular 601, in Coco that is permanently loaded with Monteverde Moonstone, a gray, and a gray-blue.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

When I first saw these, I bought a black one for less than 2$. It worked until the hood cracked after about a year. Then I ordered a new hood and a burgundy pen as well. I like these pens better than 51 Vacumatics. The burgundy pen came with a small plastic tool that removes the filler.