Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Time
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 460 Times in 194 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Thumbs up A Word for the Wing Sung 601

    Lousy image not up to my usual standards, but the phone is more convenient.

    About a year ago I tried one of these Wing Sung 601 pens, obviously a Parker 51 redux. I liked it and found it a serviceable pen for any day use. I could leave it a couple of weeks and it still flowed perfectly. It's an easy fill and not a terrible cleanout. However I'm not doing much cleanout since they only cost $20, and I can dedicate a single ink to them. I put Aurora Blue-Black in the blue one and Noodles Lexington Gray in the gray one. These are premium inks that have never caused me any trouble; so I don't know how other inks would perform. I just ordered another one, a Wine Red to use with Bungu Box Clown Teardrop. These are the 2019 models and have "jewels" at both ends. They also have a convenient ink window. They come well packaged, even including a touch of silicone for future lubrication. They come in the following colors:

    Wine Red, Lake Blue, Coco, Black, Blue-Green and Battleship Gray

    Here's a link to the Amazon page for them...


    https://www.amazon.com/Version-Vacum...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1



  2. #2
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,930
    Thanks
    606
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 591 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

    I have a couple of these, and I have to admit, I like them a lot. The filling mechanism is excellent, the ink window is a brilliant addition, and they're incredibly easy to clean.

    The nibs are, IMO only OK, but I've done some work on them and they're more than good enough for everyday use - particularly the one I've stubbed. I love that I have no qualms with using them for inks I might not want to use in a more 'precious' pen. I will definitely get a couple more - the army green in particular looks a great colour.

    I think they're a far better pen than the 'new' P51 at a fraction of the price.

  3. #3
    Senior Member carlos.q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On a hill in Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,494
    Thanks
    1,705
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 629 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

    I've read so many good things about this pen that I finally caved in and bought a flighter model. Still waiting for it to arrive from China.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sailor Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where pigs run free!
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks
    4,157
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I have a couple of these, and I have to admit, I like them a lot. The filling mechanism is excellent, the ink window is a brilliant addition, and they're incredibly easy to clean.

    The nibs are, IMO only OK, but I've done some work on them and they're more than good enough for everyday use - particularly the one I've stubbed. I love that I have no qualms with using them for inks I might not want to use in a more 'precious' pen. I will definitely get a couple more - the army green in particular looks a great colour.

    I think they're a far better pen than the 'new' P51 at a fraction of the price.
    The Army Green is really dark. At least mine is. But they are NICE writers, easy-cleaning as you say, and I never did a thing to the nibs.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

    And my other blog is a tumblr!

    My eBooks. Because why not.

  5. #5
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,930
    Thanks
    606
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 591 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post

    The Army Green is really dark. At least mine is. But they are NICE writers, easy-cleaning as you say, and I never did a thing to the nibs.
    Perfect! I'm always on the lookout for a good host for my murkiest of green inks!

    I only played around with the nibs because I wanted one a fair bit wider (and it stubbed really pretty well), and another a little finer. The one I left alone is just fine, but I might end up widening it a bit as it's on the coco version and I want to use it with some of my lightest browns, which aren't great in fine nibs.

    I'm toying with modifying a spare p51 nib to fit just for the hell of it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sailor Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where pigs run free!
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks
    4,157
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post

    The Army Green is really dark. At least mine is. But they are NICE writers, easy-cleaning as you say, and I never did a thing to the nibs.
    Perfect! I'm always on the lookout for a good host for my murkiest of green inks!

    I only played around with the nibs because I wanted one a fair bit wider (and it stubbed really pretty well), and another a little finer. The one I left alone is just fine, but I might end up widening it a bit as it's on the coco version and I want to use it with some of my lightest browns, which aren't great in fine nibs.

    I'm toying with modifying a spare p51 nib to fit just for the hell of it.
    Then you'll probably like the Army Green! Mine is the 601-A, with the conical nib, but the 'vac' and all are the same. I also have one in black. And the regular 601, in Coco that is permanently loaded with Monteverde Moonstone, a gray, and a gray-blue.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

    And my other blog is a tumblr!

    My eBooks. Because why not.

  7. #7
    Senior Member pajaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tecumseh, MI
    Posts
    1,303
    Thanks
    529
    Thanked 560 Times in 375 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Word for the Wing Sung 601

    When I first saw these, I bought a black one for less than 2$. It worked until the hood cracked after about a year. Then I ordered a new hood and a burgundy pen as well. I like these pens better than 51 Vacumatics. The burgundy pen came with a small plastic tool that removes the filler.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •