Thread: Visconti pen? Is it worth anything?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Question Visconti pen? Is it worth anything?

Hi all,

My dad (now deceased) received a pen from a client. It says it’s a Visconti pen, but I’m not sure. A piece broke off the end (are fake luxury pens a thing?) and it looks pretty worn on one end. It comes with the magnetic ring stand, it’s missing what I believe is the eyedropper tool.

There’s no sentimental value in it to me as my dad never did get around to using it. I’m pretty sure he was gifted it without the eyedropper. Also, the ink included is by Fahrney’s and spilled on part of the display box.

To be honest, I’m not even sure what I have and if it’s worth anything. I originally joined this forum with the hope of finding out if it was worth selling (my mom was about to give it away or pitch it). But now after actually looking at the pen, I’m not sure if there’s any value. This May be a silly question but Are fake luxury pens an actual thing? It just seems weird that the piece where the magnet is at the end would come off!

I’ll attach pictures. Sorry I’m so clueless, to be honest I never knew there was such a thing as pens over a couple hundred!

I’m pretty sure what I have wouldn’t be worth much because of the broken magnetic and (somewhat sticks on still), the missing eyedropper and the spilled ink (ink unrelated to Visconti). But wanted to post my question still!

Thank you so much for reading.

Edit: in the last picture you can kind of see the black ink in the left corner in back
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Leah Noel; April 28th, 2021 at 08:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Leah Noel For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (April 30th, 2021)