Thread: Reviews of some modern fountain pens (will update)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 259 Posts

Default Reviews of some modern fountain pens (will update)

Hi friends! I'm a big fan of fountain pens, both modern and vintage. I got carried away by fountain pens in 2016 and first bought various vintage pens. Some pens was in work condition, but some is not. I learned to repair them, fix nibs and regrind them to different sizes if it needed. Over the 5 years, many impressions and photos I accumulated in my archives. 4 years ago I decided to systematize my knowledge and made my blog dedicated to fountain pens and everything about this theme and share it with other fans of fountain pens or do easier choice for beginners. Last year I did over 60 review and tests. If the community is interested, I will post in this thread announcements for reviews, I can even for those that already exist and were written by me earlier. I suppose to do 2 threads: one dedicated to modern models 1980 (70?) - 20xx and one dedicated to earlier vintage models.
    Today I present a last review written yesterday.

Pilot Metal Falcon Black (made in Japan) FE-25SR-BSF

The design of this model is exactly the younger resin model, cylindrical shape with slightly tapered ends. The body is made of brass and covered by black lacquer. The filling system is cartridge-converter, of its own proprietary Pilot format. Cap on thread, double start thread, closing-opening in 1 1/4 turns.

More detailed by the link: http://lenskiy.org/2021/04/modern-pilot-metal-falcon/
    About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org or watch on social networks
    FB: @ArtDesignPenS
    Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS
    Instagram: @andrew.lensky

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

carlos.q (April 30th, 2021), catbert (April 30th, 2021), christof (April 29th, 2021), CrayonAngelss (August 8th, 2021), Cyril (June 28th, 2021), DrPenfection (January 14th, 2023), GentlyRush (March 11th, 2024), jeffj (July 14th, 2021), Jon Szanto (May 12th, 2021), Kgbenson (November 1st, 2022), Rin Tin Pen (July 1st, 2021), Sandy (June 19th, 2022), Scrawler (August 19th, 2021), sharmon202 (August 16th, 2022), xhomerx10 (January 13th, 2024), Yazeh (April 29th, 2021)