Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews of some modern fountain pens (will update)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,317 Posts

Default Re: Reviews of some modern fountain pens (will update)

I should think we can show compassion toward Andrew, imagining how difficult of a situation this must be for him and his loved ones. We certainly can wish for his continued well-being, share those thoughts, and hope for or even look forward to more peaceful times when we all can enjoy his reviews and art.

But some feel it necessary to add commentary not relating to that, injecting their views or assessments of political events (war being the last resort of failed politics). It's understandable, but doesn't render inappropriate Chrissy's request to keep that aspect where it belongs - which is the politics forum. The reasons some may decline to venture there are the very reasons political opinions shouldn't be posted here.

Thank you, Chrissy, for gently reminding us; and thank you eachan for your gracious reconciliation with Chrissy.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (February 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,237 Times in 2,252 Posts

Far from me to want to start a war...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (February 27th, 2022), dneal (February 27th, 2022), DrPenfection (May 23rd, 2022), eachan (February 27th, 2022), Jon Szanto (February 27th, 2022), mizgeorge (February 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eachan View Post
    I take your point, Chrissy. I did want to support Andrew who has contributed so much to FPG. I certainly don't want to take it to Politics and Religion. I had a look in there once and it was full of humourless argumentative nutjobs. Not for me.
    Awkward position we're in, remain silent here or join the ugly political forum. Seems like a lose-lose situation.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (February 28th, 2022), eachan (February 27th, 2022), Yazeh (February 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I take your point, Chrissy. I did want to support Andrew who has contributed so much to FPG. I certainly don't want to take it to Politics and Religion. I had a look in there once and it was full of humourless argumentative nutjobs. Not for me.
    Awkward position we're in, remain silent here or join the ugly political forum. Seems like a lose-lose situation.

I think I exceeded what was necessary to say and it's perfectly possible to support Andrew without being as political as I was. I'm sure it's perfectly acceptable to say we're concerned for Andrew's safety and we are thinking of him.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eachan For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (February 28th, 2022), dneal (February 27th, 2022), Jon Szanto (February 27th, 2022), Lloyd (February 27th, 2022), Yazeh (February 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

I think I exceeded what was necessary to say and it's perfectly possible to support Andrew without being as political as I was. I'm sure it's perfectly acceptable to say we're concerned for Andrew's safety and we are thinking of him.
    I didn't find your comment particularly problematic, but I think Chrissy rightly predicts where this could potentially go - blaming leaders and countries other than Putin and Russia, what other people should or should not have done, etc...

So I started a thread for those who feel the need to comment in the politics forum. You can go to it directly via This link, post what you like, and avoid the rest of the pig-sty. I asked there that we please try not to turn it into the typical partisan rhetoric, other than the outrage where it's rightly directed; and ideally (although a bit wishful...) a place where we can share information.

Andrew - god bless you and your nation.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (February 28th, 2022), kazoolaw (February 28th, 2022), Yazeh (February 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 256 Posts

Hello everybody! Thank you friends for your support and kind words addressed to me. Praise the God and my friends, I am alive, as is my family. I could not write anything on the forum because the administration blocked access to resource when connecting from Ukraine. Now I'm connected throught VPN.
    About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org or watch on social networks
    FB: @ArtDesignPenS
    Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS
    Instagram: @andrew.lensky

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

AlohaPens (May 19th, 2022), Lloyd (May 17th, 2022)

Thanks

I won’t tell you for a long time what and how, but I will say that it was very scary when cruise missiles flew over the house, explosions and automatic bursts were heard. When we left, we took only the most necessary things, there was no time for pens. I took only my 4 favorite pens, but then gave them to the children at parting "as keepsake" because the future was unknown. At first, I only had a notebook, mechanical pencil, and tablet, so I didn't post anything on fountain pen forums, but I kept writing on my website whose work was restored on the 3rd or 4th day. A few days ago I returned to Kyiv.
    About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org or watch on social networks

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

DrPenfection (May 23rd, 2022), Lloyd (May 17th, 2022)

Thanks

Andrew. This is the best new today. So happy you and your family are safe. Take care. You are in our thoughts and prayers....

Thanks

It is quite difficult in the current situation for me, I mean russia’s military invasion to Ukraine, to return to normal life (as far as possible), but we need to start from somewhere. On February 23, the day before the war, I prepared another review, but I simply did not have enough time to write it and I postponed it to the next day. But the next day … the war began … and it was no longer up to the fountain pens. The first 2-3 days, most people were in shock and could not do anything at all. Then I began to draw on the Ukrainian themes, on the one hand, to relieve stress and, on the other hand, to express my protest against the ongoing events and tell about war to you all. Then, due to the serious danger to my family and thanks to friends(Dima, Ksenia, Luka), we left Kyiv and took only the most necessary things, which did not include pens. A few days ago I returned at home and so let’s try to start:

Lamy 2000 Stainless Steel w|14K M nib (made in Germany) L02M

In shape, it is the exact twin of the classic macrolon model – a cylindrical body with slightly narrowed and flat tops, but the material of this model is brushed stainless steel. The filling system is classic piston-filler. The cap on friction, closes with a light click at the end.

I do not know how the pictures will be showed, because I abandoned the russian site that I used to use before. And some popular resources like imgur do not register Ukrainians . In any case, you can read the full review on my website, as before, it works.

Full review: http://lenskiy.org/2022/05/modern-la...ainless-steel/

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

AlohaPens (May 19th, 2022), catbert (May 17th, 2022), Chrissy (May 17th, 2022), christof (May 17th, 2022), Cyril (May 24th, 2022), DrPenfection (May 23rd, 2022), Jon Szanto (May 17th, 2022), Lloyd (May 17th, 2022), mizgeorge (May 17th, 2022), Prettypenguin (May 17th, 2022), sospiro (May 17th, 2022), TSherbs (May 17th, 2022), Yazeh (May 17th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,866 Times in 1,432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Lensky View Post
    I do not know how the pictures will be showed, because I abandoned the russian site that I used to use before....
    Let me first say how glad we are to have you back (unharmed). We want you to know that we are thinking of you and your countrymen.

Your pictures are clearly visible (at least to me) and look as always fantastic!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to christof For This Useful Post:

Andrew_Lensky (May 24th, 2022)

Thanks

Great review as usual Andrew. All the images are fine btw and visible. This is one of your finest sketches.

Thanks

So glad to see you back, Andrew. Great review of a great pen - and your wonderful drawings!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to eachan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 4,002 Posts

I'm so pleased to see you back here with us Andrew. Your reviews and drawings are always excellent.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 4,019 Posts

It is a great blessing to know that you are safe, Andrew. Thank you for another stunning sketch and for starting our day with hope and inspiration.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you very much! I have no illusions about a quick ending, but I hope I don't have to disappear in the future).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Hang in there and best wishes, We're pulling for you!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 649 Posts

I'm so glad you are posting here again! I've gone to your personal site every day and read everything. Every day you didn't post, I feared for you. Every time you posted after a few days, I felt a huge relief knowing you were still alive and capable. I drew a lot of inspiration from your posts - your drawings, your words, and your strength in continuing to speak out despite all around you.

M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you so much!

Hello! This is my first fountain pen review since the beginning of the war and the russian army’s invasion of Ukraine.

Cross Century II Chrome (made in Ireland) 3509-F

The shape is straight, cylindrical with conical top, identical to the previously shown Century II models. The body is made of brass and stainless steel with chromium plated. The filling system is cartridge-converter, of proprietary Cross format, using a converter type 8756 (with thread). Cap on friction.

Full review: http://lenskiy.org/2022/05/modern-cr...ury-ii-chrome/

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

eachan (May 25th, 2022), Lloyd (May 23rd, 2022), Pterodactylus (May 23rd, 2022), Yazeh (May 23rd, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 698 Posts

Andrew, I am ecstatic that you are safe and are posting again! Your posts are such an inspiration to all of us. I am so impressed by you and your people's resiliency, creativity and passion for your country! Please know that many of us continue to pray for you and offer you our very best wishes!

And thank you for offering us such exquisite drawings!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

Andrew_Lensky (May 24th, 2022), eachan (May 25th, 2022), Yazeh (May 23rd, 2022)

Thanks

Amazing review Andrew. What a touching homage to the "Ghost of Kyiv". Our thoughts are with and your people!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post: