Thread: Parker 51 in the movies

Thanks

Default Parker 51 in the movies

I have returned to fountain pen geeks after a long period of absence. There used to be a forum "Pens in the Movies" but I cant find it. I was watching a move Ike - Countdown to D-Day on TV yesterday. It stars Tom Selleck as General MacArthur. At the very end of the movie Selleck is seen writing something and I am sure it is a Parker 51 black with silver top. I am trying to find the movie on Netflix to see if I can take a screen shop. Maybe someone has the DVD and can take a screen shot.
    “When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,429 Times in 1,907 Posts

Default Re: Parker 51 in the movies

Thanks
    Thanked 6,747 Times in 2,744 Posts

Pens in the Movies is in the Pens in General forum, as it's not related to a specific pen brand.
    I've just been reading it.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

I managed to find them on YouTube. I was looking for old surf movies, too. They have pay-per-view movies that you can rent for about $3.99. "Five Summer Stories," "Riding Giants," and "Momentum Generation" are all I found. Another source is the xMovies8. That's where I also found these movies and many more. Luckily there's no subscription to it, and it's completely free and of excellent quality. So I chose the 2nd option. If you have Amazon Prime, Surf Channel costs $5.99 a month, and it streams a ton of these movies.

Senior Member INeedAFinancialAdvisor's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wjuan View Post
    I managed to find them on YouTube. I was looking for old surf movies, too. They have pay-per-view movies that you can rent for about $3.99. "Five Summer Stories," "Riding Giants," and "Momentum Generation" are all I found. Another source is the xMovies8. That's where I also found these movies and many more. Luckily there's no subscription to it, and it's completely free and of excellent quality. So I chose the 2nd option. If you have Amazon Prime, Surf Channel costs $5.99 a month, and it streams a ton of these movies.
    spam reported.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by INeedAFinancialAdvisor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wjuan View Post
    spam reported.
    Why is that spam? He found the movies and was sharing where - along with his interests and movies he was looking for.

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....

Thanks

I'm just...surprised...to learn that 'old surf movies' is a genre.

Maybe I shouldn't be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Z View Post
    Why is that spam? He found the movies and was sharing where - along with his interests and movies he was looking for.
    only two posts by this user:
    https://fpgeeks.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3151813
    https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...534#post323534

- This one is on a thread that had not seen activity in over two years (alone, this is not proof of spam)
    - Both posts contain links to "movie websites"

The other post seemed... "off"... yesterday or the day before when I read it, but this one, this one is just a total non sequitur.
    It just didn't make sense in the context of this thread and therefore made me suspect a bot pushing the websites listed in the posts.
    Especially with only two posts, and both of them being about movies and both having links to websites that *seem* a little shady.

Maybe I'm wrong. Your call.

Thanks

I think Ron forgot the [sarcasm]sarcasm tags[/sarcasm].

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Maybe.
    This of course brings up the argument that the internet REALLY REALLY REALLY needs a "sarcasm" font.
    Honestly, more than any other single thing on the internet, i think that would be helpful (no sarcasm intended with this statement, i really do wish we could all agree on a "sarcasm" font)

Thanks

Maybe.
    This of course brings up the argument that the internet REALLY REALLY REALLY needs a "sarcasm" font.
    Honestly, more than any other single thing on the internet, i think that would be helpful (no sarcasm intended with this statement, i really do wish we could all agree on a "sarcasm" font)
    On other forums, I have seen the use of red font as an indicator of sarcasm but I don't know if that is standard usage...or whether the use of red font disadvantages a group of people who cannot easily read or discern the red colour.

Thanks

Maybe.
    On other forums, I have seen the use of red font as an indicator of sarcasm but I don't know if that is standard usage...or whether the use of red font disadvantages a group of people who cannot easily read or discern the red colour.
    That would include those of us, self included (moderately R/G colour blind), who are red/green colour blind. I can see the red font, but I admit it takes effort, and is a strain to read it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    Maybe.
    That would include those of us, self included (moderately R/G colour blind), who are red/green colour blind. I can see the red font, but I admit it takes effort, and is a strain to read it.
    Is this any better?

(I just realized we need a way of indicating nested sarcasm, when a response is meant to be sarcastically sarcastic...what a minefield!)

((just having fun on a slow afternoon - no offence intended to anyone))

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    Maybe.
    Is this any better?

(I just realized we need a way of indicating nested sarcasm, when a response is meant to be sarcastically sarcastic...what a minefield!)

((just having fun on a slow afternoon - no offence intended to anyone))
    No offence taken. (my day is slow as well).

May I suggest going to something that stands out better?