Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which papers to try out

Thanks

Default Re: Which papers to try out

Quote Originally Posted by Inkflow View Post
    People who use loose sheets, what method do you use to gather them?
    I just stick 'em in a folder. If it's a letter, they go in an envelope in the mail. If it's a manuscript draft, it goes in the recycling once i've typed it out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

Ole Juul (May 28th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inkflow View Post
    People who use loose sheets, what method do you use to gather them?
    If loose, I put them in those big wax paper envelopes that some USPS post offices provide for larger postage stamp purchases. I write the type of paper and source with a black marker (see photo).

IMG_3935.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

guyy (June 5th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adhoc View Post
    I did make an order from the journal shop from UK, as Chrissy has kindly informed me that VAT isn't supposed to be paid at customs office, which was then also confirmed by the shops customer support. Let's see. That would be nice.
    Well, it turns out not so nice, there's over a 40% surcharge on the original price + it takes / will still take a full month to reach me. This really killed buying anything from the UK for me.

Not to mention the journal shop had a 15% sale 1 day after my order ...

I'm now paying nearly 40€ per notebook, jesus christ.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,212 Posts

I did make an order from the journal shop from UK, as Chrissy has kindly informed me that VAT isn't supposed to be paid at customs office, which was then also confirmed by the shops customer support. Let's see. That would be nice.
    Well, it turns out not so nice, there's over a 40% surcharge on the original price + it takes / will still take a full month to reach me. This really killed buying anything from the UK for me.

40€ Is the paper made of gold? My most expensive notebook is Taroko design Enigma. But that's double the size of normal notebooks and goes for six months to a year.. and it's TR 68gr

Thanks

The Journal shop just flat out lied to me to trick me into making an order lol! They never paid the taxes from the money I sent them (which included taxes). Ahahaha, well that's a whole new low. Well, I certainly learned a lesson today.

Thanks

Got a coupon from them as an apology. So I can continue doing business with someone that lies to their customers. Lol.

Anyway, I've tried out the papers (Life, Life Premium, Apica CD,...) and Apica CD premium is truly an outstanding notebook. It is fantastic and I can only recommend it.

Thanks

I was in a stationary shop today...they really didn’t have any stationary, just cards and notebooks...so as to not leave empty handed, I bought an A5-ish size spiral notebook that had very thick paper that felt like decent quality. It’s a nice size, came with different cover design options, most with some happy little affirmation statement down in one corner, not too big or in your face - mine says “Do Little Things with Big Love”...the paper is college ruled, which is great, I hate widely spaced lines. Lined on both sides, no bleed through at all, even with wetter inks. It’s an absorbent paper, but pleasantly so, with no feathering. No shading noticed. The brand is Kathy Heck Studio, and the journal is Primitives by Kathy. I looked online, appears Kathy also makes dishtowels, coasters, coffee mugs, things like that, all with happy little affirmations on them. Still, it’s a decent paper for the price

Thanks

You know, of all of the paper and notebooks I have bought recently to try out new paper, I have gotten further appreciation for my good old dependable rhodia soft cover notebooks. This one:

https://i.etsystatic.com/10485576/r/...10758_13xs.jpg

I bought all of the most expensive papers and notebooks and all in all, none of them are better than the Rhodia. The only one that comes close is the Apica Premium, but it's much more expensive and the spine is not even nearly as flexible, meaning that it doesn't lay-flat as much as Rhodia does. And it bleeds through more. The spine sewing is on the same level, I'd say. Oh and the ruling is too strong, ink won't colour it.

Life has been nothing but disappointment, probably the least quality notebook I've ever had. No idea why people love it. My wife knows more about binding and she was shocked by the poor quality. She explained to me what they did wrong and why the notebook is all "wobbly". Not a consolation for me, really.

So after a bunch of money and time spent, I'm back to right where I was; in my opinion, Rhodia A5 soft cover notebook with 90 gsm ivory paper is the best notebook and is quite affordable and easily available.

And Tomoe River is still garbage paper.
    Last edited by adhoc; June 5th, 2021 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks

You know, of all of the paper and notebooks I have bought recently to try out new paper, I have gotten further appreciation for my good old dependable rhodia soft cover notebooks. This one:

https://i.etsystatic.com/10485576/r/...10758_13xs.jpg

Life has been nothing but disappointment, probably the least quality notebook I've ever had. No idea why people love it. My wife knows more about binding and she was shocked by the poor quality. She explained to me what they did wrong and why the notebook is all "wobbly". Not a consolation for me, really.

[snip]

And Tomoe River is still garbage paper.
    I agree about Life with a capital L. I never liked its feel. Small ell life could be better, but considering the alternative, i'll take it.

As for Tomoegawa, it seems to be most popular with ink nuts for showing this or that quality of some boutique ink. I'm not sure it's the most practical for just plain writing. I do like the way my nibs glide over it. Rhodia and Clairefontaine give me more resistance, especially Clairefontaine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post

40€ Is the paper made of gold? My most expensive notebook is Taroko design Enigma. But that's double the size of normal notebooks and goes for six months to a year.. and it's TR 68gr
    I had those feelings, too))

Thanks

I just bought a new paper (new to me) pad version, G. Lalo. Made in France. It’s kind of toothy, but I like it. I also found Crane paper, a boxed stationary set with envelopes, at Barnes & Noble. That one is a little toothy as well, but I think I will get some use out of both.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    I just bought a new paper (new to me) pad version, G. Lalo. Made in France. It’s kind of toothy, but I like it. I also found Crane paper, a boxed stationary set with envelopes, at Barnes & Noble. That one is a little toothy as well, but I think I will get some use out of both.
    Share your photo report?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipDine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    Share your photo report?
    Sure will…I’m on my way into work now, but will do so tomorrow

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 355 Posts

Howdy.
    Here's a page of tryout on 'straight out of the printer packet paper !! Purists may raise an eyebrow.

IMG_5131.JPG

It got made into a paper airplane so it's a bit creased , but you get the idea.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robalone For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (May 23rd, 2022), vdiantonio (January 27th, 2022), Yazeh (December 18th, 2021)

Thanks

Once you’ve selected a hitch, installation is relatively straightforward. Most hitches come with detailed installation instructions, and you can also find plenty of helpful videos online that demonstrate the process. Generally speaking, the installation involves mounting the hitch receiver to the UTV’s frame, bolting it in place, and then hooking up the wiring. https://utvpoint.com/best-oil-for-utv/