Thread: [PIF]: Samples of ESSRI Iron-Gall Ink

Thanks

Default [PIF]: Samples of ESSRI Iron-Gall Ink

Heyas---

Just got my new bottle of ESSRI ink today. Before I open it I'm willing to send out 6 FREE samples to anyone interested in trying this fresh batch of IG. Just PM me your name and address and I'll try and get it out in the mail by weeks end. Sorry, mailing to the US Only. Can't afford the International Postal rates.

Notice: Pen hygene is an absolute MUST when using IG ink. It doesn't play nice with other inks. This info from FPN Member "pharmacist" who actually hand makes and used to sell his IG inks several years ago...

"Just to clear up some things about using ammonia to clean IG ink from pens. The most important thing is not to use ammonia the first rinses, because the IG compounds can precipitate into a tarnish like film onto the internal parts of the ink. You might use ammonia to remove the dye stains in the IG ink, but only after the first rinse with 10% vinegar to remove as much IG compounds as possible. You do not want that permanent pigment to attach into the capillary tubes of your pen....The idea of this workflow has everything to do with the composition of IG ink. Remove IG compounds first without precipitation (tap/destilled water or better: mixing a 10% vinegar solution in water) and then clean out the dye compund (anything you like, including ammonia/(rubbing) alcohol)."
    Last edited by Nexus; May 3rd, 2021 at 03:08 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nexus For This Useful Post:

BayesianPrior (May 3rd, 2021), PhillipDine (May 20th, 2021), Schaumburg_Swan (May 3rd, 2021), Yazeh (May 3rd, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: [PIF]: Samples of ESSRI Iron-Gall Ink

All sent out. Thanks!